Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #1 
KAV 204

Exclamation Betta has ich

Does this look like ich and its at the point were there's like clear strings on him... And white spots like salt. And also I so a peice of his tail fall off.http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/sk...ba6b1.jpg.html
KAV 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #2 
Stone

Pic is too fizzy to tell, but if it looks like tiny little bubbles or grains of sugar/salt on his fins, it's ich
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #3 
KAV 204

Yea sorry about that the fuzzyness. And it's fins are like thining. Is tag was ich does... I put rid ich plus the tank and followed the steps and I add aquarium salt and raised the temp to about 86-88. So should I be ok?? I did this all last night... Um I haven't seen signs of him getting better yet but he does eat and moves around a little for than he was before.. And I have him on frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms here and there. And also pellets.. Is there any tips u can give me
KAV 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #4 
Hadoken Kitty

If it looks like this:

then it is Ich.

Fuzziness on him is either the slime coat building or a fungal infection on top of it.

Rid-Ich plus should be fine, but I would not put AQ salt in as well. Treat for no longer than a week on the Rid-Ich. Too much medication can damage internal organs in a fish (same as humans). Make sure to take the uneaten food out. Do not raise to more than 86*F. Some say that raising the temp will help, but I believe that lowering the temp to no lower then 78*F will be beneficial. I would do 80*F. This is because if your fish has a fungal infection, warm water will increase the growth rate of the infection.

I'm definitely not as experienced as Sakura or Callistra. Those are two people that I highly suggest trying to get in contact with on here. They both will know what to do better than I, but a lot of this info is based on things that they have said before.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #5 
GailC

Ick is usually pretty easy to treat. Most any over the counter meds made for ick will work but I'm partial to this brand http://www.petcarerx.com/catalog/pro...b-8tab&id=1775

Do daily water changes of at least 25% and make sure to re-medicate it according to instructions. You should see improvement in just a day or two. If the ick isn't going away by tomorrow, get the brand of meds I linked you to.

Can't help with salt or temps. I don't use salt for ick and have never raised the temps though I know its recommended.
GailC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #6 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
Can't help with salt or temps. I don't use salt for ick and have never raised the temps though I know its recommended.
If it's just Ich (and no fungal infection), then the higher temps will finish the parasite's life cycle off quicker.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote