Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #1 
romeojuliet102

My Betta has Cottage Cheese like stuff on his tail

Please someone help. My crowntail betta has had this cottage cheese like substance on 2 parts of his tail. at first i thought it was ick so i treated him with this blue medicine that says it cures ick. Then i thought it was tail rot so i treated him with "Melafix" an antibacterial fish remedy that i got from petsmart. He's had this for over 7 months. when i first treated him for it and it stood the same i thought maybe it was his color changing. But for the past 7 months i've treated him over 3 times for both ick and tailrot. I noticed yesterday that the cottage cheese substance has grown out, like it got fuller. He has been eating and acting his usual self. But i know it's growing or getting fuller, like more cottage cheese was put on his tail. Please someone help me.
  • [img] [/img]
romeojuliet102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #2 
herefishy
Banned

Re: http://www.fishforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9654
herefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #3 
JMeenen

is it on his fins or is part on his body near his tail..did he ever get injured? It sounds like an infection of some sort.
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #4 
romeojuliet102

It's right on his beautiful tail, no where else. It's not spreading over his entire tail but it is filling up, like a round cottage cheese like stuff. I don't know how to download a picture, which i do have on my computer. I just don't know how to download to the fish forum.
romeojuliet102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #5 
Meatpuppet

heres how to upload a pic
http://www.fishforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5213

The only thing is it tells you to click an "upload picture" button. You need to click "Insert" then "Upload image"
(remember they have to be 100kb or less)
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote