Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #1 
ashleylyn

Hi everyone!

I posted a couple of days ago regarding my new betta, but figured I'd introduce myself a little more formally.

I live in NJ, but was born in Florida. I am 21, a female , and a horse owner/rider. I am a history major in my third year of college with a political science minor. My family is filled with crazy animal lovers. We've had 3 horses, ferrets, multiple dogs, fish, hermit crabs, birds, rabbits, a cat... I'm sure I'm missing something! Currently we have 3 dogs (after losing one in July :[ ), a stray cat that has moved in and been spayed and vaccinated, 200+ koi in our pond that spawn every year (we should have babies soon!), and my Arabian horse.

I've had fish before but never a betta. I fell for the Petco baby betta trap, but have been doing tons of research and feel pretty prepared to raise my little one.

So hello and I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter!

Also - I think I may pick up another baby sometime this week. I have an extra 2.5 gallon tank now and 2 heaters, so I may as well save another. I believe I may have a new addiction (as if horses aren't expensive enough for a poor college student, haha).

Last edited by ashleylyn; 03-31-2013 at 02:51 PM.
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #2 
bniebetta

Hello!! welcome to the forum!! sound like you have indeed been bitten by the betta bug..... be careful, I have only had bettas for 2 months and I already have 3 and I am planning to start a sorority soon. :p what is your little one's name?
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #3 
ashleylyn

Thank you! :D My little one's name is either Lily or Altair depending on gender. Whatever my fish is, it has personality galore and I think it is reasonable to say that an addiction is brewing. :p
Old 03-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #4 
bniebetta

uh oh hahahaha. Those are cute names!! if you think you are going to get more and you dont really have that much space in your house I would put your fish in divided shared tanks... I would not have to face not being able to get more fish because of space because I have multiple 5 gallons and if I had divided tens it would be a different story haha. so heads up!
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #5 
ashleylyn

haha Definitely something to consider! My parents think I'm nuts right now because I say my fish has personality, but s/he totally does! Right now I have a 2.5g and a 3g which will be reasonable for my apartment at college (my sister also has a 3 gallon for her betta). I also have a 1g bowl which might be okay for a baby, but I'd have to buy a larger tank once it grew so we shall see. I'm flat broke right now and my horse costs a fortune, so until I get a job this summer I'll probably have to be patient. :p I'm just happy I found you all! I know I'm not alone in my fascination for these neat little fish!