Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Have you ever heated a large container and put smaller tanks in it to use one heater

I am looking for a larger tank and plan to buy an adjustable heater for it. I rescued three bettas they have varying issues so they are in small hospital tanks at 76 degrees. They are active and don't seem bothered by the temp. I don't really want to buy more heaters that will just sit around a month from now but would prefer to fill a larger rubbermade container part way with water, heat it and put the small tanks in the container to keep them warmer. Will this work? If I do this I can just buy the heater that will go in the larger tank where bettas will end up at.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #2 
AyalaCookiejar

I put six one gallon canisters in my ten gallon for warmth. When I only had three girls, I floated three critter keepers in the ten. It worked fine.

It works better though if you put the heater at the bottom and find a way to elevate the tanks so that they are off the bottom but won't tip over. I made a shelf and set a piece of plastic craft mesh on top of coffee mugs and put the tanks on top of it with the heater underneath.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote