Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #1 
MoonShadow

MoonShadow Betta Fish Rescue Update Journal!

Moon Shadow Betta Fish rescue was founded in the summer of 2011. I have always been an advocate for the proper treatment of betta fish and in 2011 I decided to take the next step by physically rescuing betta fish in need. I do my best to get sick or injured fish for free or for a discounted price, but that isn't always possible and I will not leave a fish in need behind! At my old house I was able to house up to 12 rescues at any given time, unfortunately in my new apartment I can only take it 5-6 rescues at any given time.

I will take in a rescue, rehabilitate him or her, and adopt them out to a forever home! I never ask an adoption fee for my fish, though I do ask a discounted shipping fee if the adopter lives out of state and the betta needs to be shipped (Note: I will not ship all bettas, only the ones who haven't had too rough of a road)

Currently I have 4 rescues in my care:

Patrick

Oz

Boomer

Whiskey

They are all in fabulous health now! Oz and Boomer have homes lined up and will be going to those homes this week. I have decided to keep Patrick, I am just so incredibly attached to him, I don't think I would be able to part with him at this point!

I also have 3 beautiful pet boys that weren't rescues!

Lemon-Doodle

Norbert

Apollo

I have finally gotten the 30 gallon tank in my kitchen back up an running after a mass die out last month! I have recently begun restocking it slowly with female bettas, got some really really lovely ones at petsmart the other day, they had just gotten their shipment in so i had my pick of the bunch!

I was at petsmart today to pick up bloodworms, and spotted a little green/black marble HMPK boy who was there when I got Boomer over 3 weeks ago. I almost got this little HMPK back then because he looked so clamped and sad, but boomer really looked like he needed me more, and the little HMPK was so pretty (despite being clamped) that i figured he would be picked up pretty fast! I was shocked when he was still there today! As soon as Oz or Boomer go to their new homes and I have open space, I will be heading to petsmart to get him.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #2 
GoodMorning

wow! that first female! i will not be surprised if she has 2,000 eggs in her, lol. very nice :)
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #3 
ashleylyn

Your fish are absolutely gorgeous! I hope to rescue some too. I'm not experienced enough yet so in the meantime I may pick up another baby and do my best to raise it well, but I admire what you're doing. :) And if Patrick goes missing... don't look here!
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #4 
logisticsguy

I think your doing a terrific thing Moonshadow! Your fish look great and i wish you the best of luck with your rescues.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #5 
motherpeters

Oh my goodness Oz is gorgeous! I applaud you for taking in the rescues!

Whenever he is available, I would love to give him a forever home! So beautiful!
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #6 
Alcemistnv

Your fish are so pretty!
I'm especially jealous of the yellow girl!!! :D

I'm planning on doing a rescue as well once I move out and get the room. If I ever rescue a fish, it'll definitely be one that I'll keep, so I'm rather picky about it :/

I'm glad everyone is getting new homes!
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #7 
Artemis

Yes I have my first rescue now but he is staying here:)

Do you have a link to their stories? I love reading rescue stories
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #8 
MoonShadow

Oz was shipped to his new home today! She should arrive on Thursday, shipping always makes me so nervous! In 8 years of shipping I've had 2 DOA's which isn't bad at all, but I still breathe a huge sigh of relief when I get the word that they arrived at their new homes safely!!

Little Boomer will hopefully be meeting his forever mom on Thursday and going home with her!

I picked up a new rescue today, every body say hello to Charlie! He is severely emaciated and has rot on all fins! But he's already perking up!

MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #9 
Artemis

Poor baby! SO what were there stories?
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #10 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Poor baby! SO what were there stories?
I'll link you to their threads!

Boomer