Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #31 
Snoeflayke

Apparently, the talk that I had with the staff the last time I was in the bad Petco had an impact!

I found one male with ammonia burns, but cups were clean, and everyone else looked okay.
My only concerns with that store now are the staff in general, but I think that's a product of the location. It took me 5 minutes to find an employee, and then, when I said, "I found a fish with ammonia burns," she said, "No, they have fin rot and they're being treated."
I held up the cup and said, "Uh, no, he has ammonia burns." (Can you hear the eye roll through the Internet?)
She was like, "Oh, you mean a betta!"

Well, yeah. Bettas were fish, last time I checked...

Long story short, no evidence for you, but for good reasons.
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #32 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoeflayke View Post
Well, yeah. Bettas were fish, last time I checked...
Lol I can feel the sarcasm.

They're also living, breathing, feeling, living, thinking, sleeping, swimming, living forms of LIFE. (Did I mention they are living?)

I'm not a violent person or an extremely outspoken one, either, but those kinds of remarks just make me clench my fists and give them a piece of my mind. I can be pretty persuasive, and if I can't, I'm also full of information.

If you can't beat 'em, confuse 'em. (They might not like you if you make them feel like an idiot but they do listen, because they don't want to look like an idiot twice.)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #33 
Artemis

I agree. Use random words they might not know but try to stay relevant. Go into talking about about how (There are signs of trihydrogen nitride *ammonia* on the left side of the penducle near the caudal at the base of the anal fin) that way they get very confused, assume you know stuff even if you don't, and agree.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #34 
MoonShadow

Well Charlie, Patrick and Lemon-Doodle went to their forever homes today!! I already miss them!! Especially Patrick but I know they are all going to wonderful homes! This is the hardest part about rescuing, saying goodbye to the ones that really really makes themselves a place in your heart!

I stopped at Petsmart today and had a lovely chat with one of the employees. He was changing the water when I got there. All of the bettas looked great, and he really knew what he was talking about, it was a real pleasure talking to him! Now I know why the bettas there have been looking so good lately, its because this guy has started working there! Its really really wonderful!

Of course I still ended up coming home with 3. A beautiful red marble VT, a STUNNING female CT dragon and a poor little white CT who has been there a LONG time and has Popeye, poor baby!

The Girl

Roo

SnapDragon

As some of you know I am a big fan of veiltails, I'm toying with the idea of starting up a National Veiltail Appreciation Day, would anyone be interested in celebrating something like that. They are so underrated and under appreciated, they deserve a day all to themselves! I'm thinking May 25th, thoughts?? Ideas??
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #35 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I would SO celebrate that holiday. Maybe push it back a.little so that you could spread the idea a bit more?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #36 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
I would SO celebrate that holiday. Maybe push it back a.little so that you could spread the idea a bit more?
What do you think? Maybe end of June?
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #37 
justmel

I say go for it! I have 19 bettas now & the majority are still VT's!

Patrick is home and getting acclimated. Before long he will be enjoying his 10 gallon tank with his tank mate, a snail named Gary. He lost a little color and seems a little stressed, but I can take the acclimating as slow as he likes. Here's a pic of him floating around in the bowl getting acclimated.
Attached Images

justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #38 
Artemis

Yay Patrick! You better have a SpongeBob tank with names like that!

I might be interested in SnapDragon, we'll see how he turns out. You are about 1 hour 56 min away, LOL. I might be able to convince my mom to drive an hour. So keep me in mind for him. Keep pics here, PM me when he's ready and we'll see how the cards play out. I could also pay 20$ for express shipping but it's so much stress for the fish.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #39 
justmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Yay Patrick! You better have a SpongeBob tank with names like that!

I might be interested in SnapDragon, we'll see how he turns out. You are about 1 hour 56 min away, LOL. I might be able to convince my mom to drive an hour. So keep me in mind for him. Keep pics here, PM me when he's ready and we'll see how the cards play out. I could also pay 20$ for express shipping but it's so much stress for the fish.
Patrick is my 3 yr old sons fish. He already has a Sponge Bod, Sandy, Squaidward, & a snail tank mate named Gary. I hope to get a pineapple house this weekend.

Isn't Snapdragon cute? I think he's going to be something else.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #40 
Skyewillow

MoonShadow posted on her other thread that Snapdragon didn't make it.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote