Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #91 
PurpleRain

My 2.75 gallon "pet keeper" from Petco (picture is slightly cropped). It's not fancy, but Prince loves his flower cave, hammock, and plant for nestling in.
Attached Images

PurpleRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #92 
LittleBlueFishlets

I *heart* these floating mesh caves, and so do my fish...

I have my 4 critter keepers lined up side-by-side. I glanced over, and all four of my guys were in their floating caves, looking out at me.

As soon as they saw me, they did their "Feed me!" dances.

I think 3 of them sleep in the things. (The other one sleeps upside down, in the middle of the tank....)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #93 
cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleylyn View Post
Here's my 3g with my baby betta! S/he looks like a midget, lol. It's my first betta so I'm still sorting out what I need. Next time I head to the pet store I may pick up a small filter and some kind of cave-like thing. And perhaps another baby for my extra tank.

Ashleylyn, you have the heater I have been considering. How do you find it? Does it actually go to 78f like the box says? Does it hit the maximum temperature and shut off never going above? Does it keep the temperature consistent??
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #94 
ashleylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Ashleylyn, you have the heater I have been considering. How do you find it? Does it actually go to 78f like the box says? Does it hit the maximum temperature and shut off never going above? Does it keep the temperature consistent??
My friend actually gave it to me. I don't have a thermometer on that tank, but everytime I have touched the water, it has felt consistently the same temperature. It turns on and off throughout the day too, so I assume it's working correctly. It's really never felt too hot or cold, I'd say right at 78. My betta (I have my CT male in there now) is quite active and happy in this tank with the heater, so I'd say it's doing its job. :)
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #95 
cowboy

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I will pick up one on the weekend and if it works as well for me as it does for you i will buy two more.

Sorry one more question. Do you know if its the 10 watt one? The box said 10 watt for up to 2.65 gallons but I'm confused because everyone says a 25 watt heater

Last edited by cowboy; 09-08-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #96 
cowboy

That betta is so tiny, I missed him the first time. Too cute.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #97 
ashleylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
That betta is so tiny, I missed him the first time. Too cute.
Thank you! Unfortunately she passed over the summer, but my boy I got last month is very much enjoying the tank (of course after a thorough cleaning lol). As for the size, I'm really not sure and I doubt my friend still has the box as she had a bunch of aquarium supplies in her attic. My tank is 3 gallons though and the water is always warm. I want to say it's a 10watt as the tank she gave me was only a 2.5 gallon. But my room is also always quite warm (I hate the cold haha) so that may make it a bit easier on the heater. I'll hopefully pick up a thermometer in the upcoming week or two, but he's been in that tank for a month or so and swims, darts, flares, attacks his bloodworms like he's out in the wild, etc. :)
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #98 
cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleylyn View Post
Thank you! Unfortunately she passed over the summer, but my boy I got last month is very much enjoying the tank (of course after a thorough cleaning lol). As for the size, I'm really not sure and I doubt my friend still has the box as she had a bunch of aquarium supplies in her attic. My tank is 3 gallons though and the water is always warm. I want to say it's a 10watt as the tank she gave me was only a 2.5 gallon. But my room is also always quite warm (I hate the cold haha) so that may make it a bit easier on the heater. I'll hopefully pick up a thermometer in the upcoming week or two, but he's been in that tank for a month or so and swims, darts, flares, attacks his bloodworms like he's out in the wild, etc. :)
Sorry about the little guy and for all the questions. 70 bucks is a lot of money for me to shell out so I'm making sure I get the best bang for my buck and doing my research. Glad the new boy is loving it. Thanks again.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:28 AM   #99 
Tamsin

I already posted this in the planted tanks section but I thought it could go here as well. This is Tauro's new 5.5 gal planted kritter keeper he shares with his snail, Gary.
I took the red KK lid off & use a smaller clear plastic lid because I don't like the look of the KK lids (plus I can't find a way to fit my heater/LED light/filter on the tank without cutting the lid, lol)
Tamsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #100 
Skyewillow

Both of the KK's I'm using currently. I will have to set up one more for my fiance's male who can't handle the 2.5 he's in as soon as I find the rest of my lids...

the one with sand is currently waiting for its inhabitant, a baby HMPK with SBD. The tacky tank with the brick has my yellow rescue, Anu in it.
Attached Images

Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
macgyver was here