Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #1 
Blue Fish

Seen rec's for flourescent bulbs, what about regular bulbs?

Okay, I've seen rec's for fluorescent lights and plants...what about regular bulbs? Currently I'm using 60 and 75 watts...with some plants...unfortunately, I'm not sure what these plants *are*, so unsure of their light requirements.
(I purchase the "bunches" from my one really good LFS...and they aren't labeled as to what they are...and I haven't had a chance yet to look them up.)

So, anyway, I know that some are wisteria and require little light, and I believe some others are hornwort...and then there's a couple of others. Is it possible to get a listing of low, med, and high light bulb wattages for regular bulbs? (so that when I figure out what these are, I can know...? ;)

Thanks in advance!! :D
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #2 
Stone

incandecent bulbs? horrible spelling......ohh and a fellow east tennessean
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #3 
Stone

Well it's about watts but also the color of the light in kelvin 6500k is the proper color light, and if you are talking about the old screw in type bulbs and do not want to spend a ton of money for a fluorescent set up which when you start looking becomes pretty costly depending on what you want, you can get 6500k screw in fluorescent bulbs at wal-mart in the fish section at wal-mart for like 6 bucks a piece, I am using these in an old style hood for a plant growing tank works well next week I am upgrading my 46 gallon tanks lights I found a pretty good deal on a fixture
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote