I'm a new Betta Momma as of yesterday afternoon and would really appreciate advice.
1. How often do I change his water?
2. What is the best method (if any) to change his water?
3. He has a light in his tank. Will this provide the necessary heat?
4. Are platic plants okay in his tank? I read in somewhere to include live plants, but I don't want to mess with his environment too much as he's already pretty stressed out.
5. Is he supposed to be grumpy? I'm currently blaming it on stress (I accidentally got him stuck in my car's cup holder on the way home and he's been flaring at me ever since.) Any idea on when he might calm down?
6. Does he need absolute dark to sleep at night or will the kitchen's nightlight bother him?
Thank you in advance for the help. I really want to do right by the little guy. He's just so cool.