Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #1 
jlmom

pet shops workers!!

I think we should advocate for law that would require pet shops workers to get some type of certification. I'm so tire of their dump suggestions. Not only is cruel to the animals but also is consumer fraud!!!

My local petco has tons of bettas in tiny platic bowls with less than two inches of water!!
jlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #2 
herefishy
Banned

Although I agree with you, do you know who would be paying for the training? You and I would. I would rather tell all of you to shop around for a good lfs. Be better in the long run.
herefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:14 AM   #3 
Gump

Since you are the one that is going to be housing this animal for the rest of its life you should be the one to have done your homework before hand and know what your going into. I do agree it would be awesome to have a full staff of trained ichthyologists but when most fish stores pay at or around minimum wage that will never happen.
Gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:20 AM   #4 
Flashygrrl

Yup, it's our responsibility to get online and do our research and then make our choice whether to give our money to the LFS that does things right or continue feeding money into places that make it obvious they don't care. If you can't walk into a store without seeing something objectionable, order your stuff online. It ends up costing about the same if not less.

And don't be afraid to confront about dead fish in the tanks. Bettas are something that upper management will have to figure out by themselves before they actually change things so maybe write a few letters?
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #5 
stephenmontero

well yea the national chains just dont care and worry about the profiet so as long as u keep giving them money they will never change
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote