Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #1 
Elsewhere

Looking for 7 females!

Hello ello! I have been scouring pet stores and Aquabid for females for the sorority I'm starting, but they're either too expensive or they all look exactly the same at the stores. I live in Ontario (can work out more details if you actually want to sell), so I know shipping from the US can be a pain in the butt... I have never purchased Bettas from a breed and am new to this. I currently have two girls and am looking for seven more for my 30g sorority. I can't get any of these girls for two more weeks, though, so I have time to wait... Sorry if this is scrambled, I'm not really sure what to post XD
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #2 
bniebetta

Story of my life.... The only reason I have even one is because my mom said she would get me an aquabid female for Easter, but other than that I went to the petstore and couldn't find anything that interested me at all. It's so hard to fine sorority worthy ones :///
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #3 
logisticsguy

Hi Elsewhere. I have 3 sorority tanks full of girls right now. You can see some of them here. Im overstocked!

They are HM females from my spawn about 4 months old.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....22#post1612922
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #4 
Elsewhere

Wow! All gorgeous! Yay, you live in Canada! XD Where abouts are you, and what would you think of charging for the girls, if of course you would be interested in selling! I still have to convince my mum on the idea of getting them delivered, though :P
Old 04-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #5 
logisticsguy

I live in Calgary. When Ive shipped to Ontario its 48-72 hours and I use thermal wrap and a heat pack to keep them warm. I charge more for breeder quality girls, the pet quality (they could be bred no problem but I have to be picky) I would give you a good deal on if you take 7. They all together now and a mellow bunch so Im certain you would not have many issues with fighting. Just let me know I would be happy to send you some.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #6 
Elsewhere

I'm not really looking for show quality, I'm just sick of going to every pet store and seeing the same blue VT girl over and over, you know? I like brighter colours, like the two girls I have now... I still need to discuss with "The Boss", but if you could post or PM me some pics of the girls you'd be willing to sell, that would be awesome! And possibly a price range, if possible. I was looking at your website for shipping charges, and those could easily be handled :D
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #7 
logisticsguy

Perfect. I will pm you some pics. Ive got some unique and colorful ones that you might like. Good luck clearing with the boss Ive been there myself so totally understand.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #8 
Elsewhere

Haha, thanks so much! The answer may have to wait until the weekend... I already approached her and she said "Well I called the pet stores and they said that there are new shipments in on Friday. Just wait until then and we'll see." So I'm not gonna push it right now... XD
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #9 
percyfyshshelley

Not to highjack, but I'm in the same situation, sorority, Canada, lack of interesting females in pet stores round here. I'm not ready for more girls yet, but LG I'll probably
contact you in a bit. I'm just south of you. Elsewhere,good luck with your sorority and I hope you get some pretty girls!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #10 
Elsewhere

Ah, another person with the sorority bug! I too wish you well, and hope you get some great girls :D