Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #1 
givemethatfish

Plant trimmings!

I will post pictures if there is any interest. I will be doing a trim this weekend. I'll have several stems of ludwigia, water wisteria, and some frogbit. I will have enough for maybe 2 good sized packages of trimmings.

The ludwigia and wisteria will be 6-8 inches. All very healthy. The ludwigia even has some very nice pinky-red on it. Or if you prefer, I will send you the "root" bottom section of the trimming which has less of the pink but will be easier to plant because of the roots. Everything is grown without CO2, but I do daily liquid ferts, liquid carbon, and iron supplement.

I DO have pond snails as well as ramshorns. I will rinse the plants, but you definitely need to do a good dip unless you want snails. The ramshorns are very nice red, brown, and blue.

I'm thinking $15 shipped for 4-6 nice sized stems of ludwigia, 2-3 stems of wisteria, and a handful of frogbit. Or I can increase the amounts or mix and match. I have a lot more ludwigia than anything else, and it literally grows 3-4 inches per week.

Last edited by givemethatfish; 05-15-2014 at 12:55 PM.
givemethatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #2 
myexplodingcat

Ooh, can I see? Might be interested. Less in the frogbit than the other plants because of the filter's current and my limited light, but I'd like to see pics. :)
myexplodingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #3 
Araielle

I'm definitely interested!
Araielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #4 
givemethatfish

Ugh sorry folks I forgot to update. I sold all the plant bundles! I should have more in a month or less :)

I do still have some very nice, large, healthy frogbit though!
Old 06-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #5 
Araielle

Got the frogbit. Very generous amount & great plants. They're doing just fine. Thank you so much!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #6 
givemethatfish

Awesome! I'm so glad they arrived in good shape :)

I actually will have one or maybe two bundles of ludwigia and/or water wisteria available next week if anyone is interested. I will post pictures of the plants as they are in my tank this weekend. I'll throw in a free bit of frogbit with any purchase. I do have snails!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #7 
givemethatfish

Just realized I forgot to post pictures!

I haven't done any trimming yet, so these are shots of the plants as they are in one of my tanks. The trimmings could be from any tank, but they all look the same.

Ludwigia - The top 75% of the plants mostly have the green/red/yellow mix of colors. It's really pretty. And you can see some of the frogbit floating above. That's a smallish one.

Wisteria
Old 06-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #8 
Araielle

You take such beautiful pictures! These are lovely. The plants look fantastic. :) Thanks you for posting them.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #9 
givemethatfish

Okay sold a couple packages, but I still have a ton of water wisteria, frogbit, and ludwigia repens trimmings. I'll send for $6 - which is the cost of shipping a little flat rate box. I can send any combo of plants you want. They are nice, big, healthy plants, and I don't have any more tanks to put them in. I feel bad just throwing the trimmings away.

I also have a TON of speckled brown baby ramshorn snails I can include for free if you want some. Let me know if you need a cold pack, and I can figure out how to do that and will only charge for the cost of the pack + shipping.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #10 
Wildbetta

If you still have the plants, I would gladly take them. I can also use the ramshorn snails. If you will pm me your paypal info, I will get you the $6 promptly.

Thanks!
Wildbetta is offline   Reply With Quote