Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #1 
Artemis

Figaro

He lived in terror for a long time. Tossed to grow before being shipped in crowded bags to his tank. Stuffed to the max with other shrimp in a bare bottom glass tank with less then an inch of space per shrimp. He was set to be sold and eaten and killed as a feeder are die and be eaten as the only source of food for the other shrimp. We came along and picked up 5 of the ghost shrimp. He was a happy shrimp. He would raise his arms in the air to snag food before it hit the ground and was very gentle and never hurt any of the others or any fish.

Figaro died of unknown causes but the ghost shrimp sold as feeders often are so overbred that they have low immunity to just about everything. Anything could have killed my pretty blue baby.

Swim In Peace little buddy.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #2 
ashleylyn

I'm new here, but as a lurker I saw some of your posts about Figaro. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. :( Swim in peace, little guy!
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #3 
Indigo Betta

Poor little guy. Sorry for your loss, at least you gave him a good life while you had him.
Indigo Betta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #4 
Lena N

Very sorry. At least he was loved...
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #5 
Artemis

Ya I felt so bad.

I kept a couple (Bingo and Bongo, only 1 remains after Bongo was killed by my sister's over aggressive betta) with my goldfish along with a pregnant female. I scoured the tank for them and only came out with Bongo and Bingo. I assumed the female had died and been eaten. Low and behold I look over and there is a shrimp swimming at the top.

I was stupid enough to grab her out and put her in the shrimp tank, no acclimation. (the goldie tank is fully cycled but with high nitrates around 15. The shrimp tank has no reading on nitrite or nitrate and ammonia is under 1) I hope she makes it.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote