Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #1 
Otterfun

Stress Coat+

Hi,

Normally, I do not get cloudy water by adding Stress Coat+ in a non-planted tank without filter, and a filtered planted cycled tank.

But yesterday, I noticed that if I add it to a minimally planted tank without filter, the water gets cloudy within 24 hours. Does this happen to you or is my Stress Coat+ is contaminated or spoiled?

Thanks.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #2 
tekkguy

Well ... maybe, but unlikely. The cloudy water sounds like a bacteria bloom. The only way that I can think of Stress Coat causing that is if your water department uses chloramine, and there would have to be a HIGH quantity of it. Chloramine bonds to ammonia (that's part of how it works to make water safe for us), and Stress Coat causes that bond to be broken, which can release ammonia - in large quantities this might cause a bacteria bloom. It should clear itself up, though, if that's what it is.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote