Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #1 
cajunmomof4

Pepper's little swamp

This is what I did with Pepper's bowl last night after I did a water change. I thought it looked a little sparse, so I gathered up some things I had around. That is an alligator in there , but it looks like a monkey in the pic (to me).

Pepper is the betta I rescued from Wall-Hell after I witnessed the worker in fish dumping a cup of cola in the fish sink. When i got closer I saw this poor little guy's cup sitting in the sink with ice on top of his lid and the water brown from the drink dripping in. He is doing so much better his shredded tail is almost healed, and he is making bubble nests like crazy!
cajunmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #2 
stephenmontero

did u make sure the stuff is aquarium safe?
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #3 
paws

why not get a 10 galloner from Wal-Mart for $9.99? He will be the happiest thing on the planet!Also a heater will be nessesary.
paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #4 
Neo

glad that you rescued him, but you will need something bigger for a filter and heater
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #5 
cajunmomof4

I have a heater its hidden behind the plant on the left. Everything was in an aquarium at one time to it's all safe. This 2 gallon is temporary as I have a 5 gallon that I ordered from e-bay with a hood and all that it should be in today maybe Monday. The shipper is being a bit slow.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #6 
Neo

lol, i know what u mean about slow shipping on ebay, i order my action figures on ebay, and takes a while to get them, im waiting on a 3 foot tall superman action figure now, probably take a year
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #7 
cajunmomof4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
lol, i know what u mean about slow shipping on ebay, i order my action figures on ebay, and takes a while to get them, im waiting on a 3 foot tall superman action figure now, probably take a year
OH gosh!! I know my husband buys baseball cards and sometimes I swear its in the mail box two days later and sometimes we wait 2 weeks or more. I'm not complaining because the seller on the aquarium only charged me $5 shipping, and 15 for the tank. Pepper will be ok for a few more days. I sure even 2 gallons feels like a mansion compared to the death cup.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #8 
stephenmontero

well u deff got a deal on the shipping lol
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #9 
JMeenen

Thank you for rescuing him..I have a few rescues from pets-hell.
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #10 
Flashygrrl

Let's talk about rescuing here (though I'm sure you all have heard the lecture). Rescuing pet from places like this, although it's hard to see them suffer, does absolutely no good. It just gives them their money and encourages the BS. If you want things to change you have to go to the manager and kick up a bit of a fuss about it, and walk out of there. All Wal-Fart cares about is their bottom line and billions of dollars in revenue so just don't even bother to LOOK in the pet area there. All you end up seeing are dead fish.
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote