Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #1 
SunshineSulie

Possibly Ill?

I put new stuff in my tank about 4 days ago (new plants, new food, new thermometer...) and tonight (starting about 5 p.m.) she has been laying at the bottom of her tank, under the plants.

Is this normal sleep behaviour (I have never seen her sleep) or should I be concerned? She seemed happy and active today...
SunshineSulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Its not abnormal sleep behavior, it depends how much she's doing it. You said she was active during the day? Is she eating well? Does the tank have a light that's only on 8-10 hrs a day? I have a male at work & unfortunately the office lights are 24/7, everyday around the same time he goes into his cave where its mostly dark & rests, he's like clock work. I have other males who HATE when I make changes to their tanks & will pout for a while. I'd keep an eye on her & see if anything else changes in her behavior.

Last edited by shellieca; 04-02-2013 at 08:16 PM.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #3 
Shadyr

I catch mine taking naps all the time. Especially if it has been dark in the room for a while. They are usually IN the plants instead of under them, but that's a personality thing. They each have a favorite spot they seem to like to rest in/on above all others. As long as she's acting normal otherwise, I wouldn't worry.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote