Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #51 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Home. Cleaning her tank top to bottom including all decorations and gravel. Going to be about half an hour before her tank's ready but the dosage on Kanaplex is so low I've gotta haver her in her 5 gallon to be able to measure it.
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #52 
Sakura8

Noodle, you can do half a scoop for 1 gallon. How is she doing?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #53 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

She's still pinecony as heck. Got her acclimatizing for another 10-15 minutes and then she'll be good to go in her medicated tank. The dosage seems so small, it's hard to believe it's supposed to help so much. So yeah, she's going to be in Kanaplex, API General Cure (those two apparently don't interact at all) and Epsom Salt.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #54 
Sakura8

Yes, General Cure and Kanaplex can be combined safely. If she will eat, you can continue feeding her medicated food only use Kanaplex.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #55 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

She was really energetic when we put her in, swam all over the place. But after about two hours she started resting at the bottom on the gravel, swimming around at the back every so often but mostly just going up for air. Something else odd, she's using her tail much more to swim today. Like, more than she ever has. Her tail fin is always waving around to keep her going...
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #56 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

No improvement today. She's really lethargic, doesn't want to eat, her scales are still pineconing quite bad, and she is breathing quite heavily. She's still swimming strangely too. I don't know how many days of treatment with kanaplex is the maximum before I should see signs of improvements...
Old 04-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #57 
Jexx

I think 3 is the magic number. Maybe she's just reacting to the medicine. Sometimes antibiotics can make us feel worse before we get better.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #58 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

She's even having trouble staying afloat. She wobbles all over and uses her little bottom fins just to stay steady... I just keep sobbing watching her trying to get around... This bloody treatment doesn't seem to be doing anything for her but prolonging her suffering...
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #59 
veggiegirl

Oh noodle I am so sorry to hear that your poor girl is so unwell. Some times no matter what we do we just can't save them. You have really done your best for her now we just need to give the medication a chance to work. Know that even if the worst happens you are such a wonderful person for trying so hard to help her. I am sure she appreciates your dedication she is lucky to have such a thoughtful caring owner like you
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #60 
Jexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl View Post
Oh noodle I am so sorry to hear that your poor girl is so unwell. Some times no matter what we do we just can't save them. You have really done your best for her now we just need to give the medication a chance to work. Know that even if the worst happens you are such a wonderful person for trying so hard to help her. I am sure she appreciates your dedication she is lucky to have such a thoughtful caring owner like you
This^^^

how is she doing?
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote