Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #21 
MoonShadow

I adore him! Nice long body for a DT, pretty even fins, no excessive ray branching. Find a lady with a good 180 degree spread to her tail and you'll get some nice babies. Remember deformities are more likely to arise if you breed DT x DT so breed him to a nice HM girl and you will get a mix of HM and DT in the spawn.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #22 
MoonShadow

I dont know how much you are looking to pay for a female but I found 2 really nice prospects on Aquabid from USA sellers.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1365748492

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1365559203
Old 04-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #23 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
Thank you Indjo! Now to find him the right lady. If I get stuck trying to figure out the rays do you mind if I message you? I know I've seen info on how to count the rays on here and a couple other places I have bookmarked, but I'm still unsure how to tell all that.
We're all here to help in anyway we can. You can PM me any time, specially on specific questions or minor details. But I'd rather you ask general ones in the open forum so everyone can learn from it too.

Finding a perfect girl might be difficult since only less than perfect are usually sold while the "perfect" ones are kept for the breeder's needs. So you would have to work yourself for that.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #24 
justmel

Thank you so much MoonShadow! You guys really go above and beyond when helping out a newbe like me. I can't say how much I (and my happier fish) appreciate it all. I may not be able to get either of these two ladies, but they are both wonderful. And it's a lot of help to me in trying to figure out what would be good for him. I think I appreciate that the most. You are are helpful, and helpful in a way that makes the learning easier.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #25 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
Thank you so much MoonShadow! You guys really go above and beyond when helping out a newbe like me. I can't say how much I (and my happier fish) appreciate it all. I may not be able to get either of these two ladies, but they are both wonderful. And it's a lot of help to me in trying to figure out what would be good for him. I think I appreciate that the most. You are are helpful, and helpful in a way that makes the learning easier.
Happy to be helpful! Anymore questions? Don't hesitate to ask!!