Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #1 
RosesAndRuffles

Have you ever regretted not getting a particular betta?

I was at the pet store today picking out a new betta, because my beloved betta, Petal, died recently. I saw a section with baby bettas and went to check it out. There was an adorable little guy who "wagged his tail" like a little puppy when I approached. But I prefer males, and you can't really tell what a baby is going to be. Also, I wanted a fish that would look beautiful now. I got a beautiful male delta tale who is teal with a black head, red around the edges of his fins, and black polka dots. But I can't help but miss the baby who was so eager to come home with me. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
RosesAndRuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #2 
Lostiethatlikesherbetta

yes, just today in fact!
my fish, Buford, died two days ago. today i went to the store and picked out a wonderful male DTVT (double veil tail) with blood red fins and tail and a bronze body.
i also looked at the younger ones and saw this gorgeous white, blue and pink baby.
he just didnt seem as active.
kinda regret it. but the guy i got is pretty awesome too.
Lostiethatlikesherbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #3 
LillieCharlotte

yessss today I saw a gorgeous "elephant ear" betta. He was royal blue with blue-fading-to-white fins...and a halfmoon! too bad i didnt have money for him :<
LillieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #4 
registereduser

Yes, happens on a weekly basis.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #5 
RosesAndRuffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostiethatlikesherbetta View Post
yes, just today in fact!
my fish, Buford, died two days ago. today i went to the store and picked out a wonderful male DTVT (double veil tail) with blood red fins and tail and a bronze body.
i also looked at the younger ones and saw this gorgeous white, blue and pink baby.
he just didnt seem as active.
kinda regret it. but the guy i got is pretty awesome too.
I'm sorry about your old fish. Your new one sounds lovely though! And yes, that was pretty much the same scenario that happened to me!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #6 
RosesAndRuffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillieCharlotte View Post
yessss today I saw a gorgeous "elephant ear" betta. He was royal blue with blue-fading-to-white fins...and a halfmoon! too bad i didnt have money for him :<
Sounds gorgeous! I know what you mean. If I had my way, I would have bettas everywhere. Also books, my other obsession (I'm an author and voracious reader) and some of those books would be about--what else?--bettas. And then I wouldn't have any money left.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #7 
Channa

yes! I went to look at some plants for my Betta and some Betta Pellets and saw a beautiful bright orange and white boy, just sitting there like a sore thumb in with all of the common blues and reds that the store has. He was so tiny too! I found myself already imagining what he would look like after a couple months with me. Of course I couldn't resist going to check him out, and he was more than eager to swim to the top of the cup to check me out as well.

:( Unfortunantly I am moving home for the summer soon and it is a 4 hour drive with all of my stuff in the car. Moving one Betta safely will be hard enough.
Channa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #8 
RosesAndRuffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channa View Post
yes! I went to look at some plants for my Betta and some Betta Pellets and saw a beautiful bright orange and white boy, just sitting there like a sore thumb in with all of the common blues and reds that the store has. He was so tiny too! I found myself already imagining what he would look like after a couple months with me. Of course I couldn't resist going to check him out, and he was more than eager to swim to the top of the cup to check me out as well.

:( Unfortunantly I am moving home for the summer soon and it is a 4 hour drive with all of my stuff in the car. Moving one Betta safely will be hard enough.
That wouldn't be very easy, I completely understand why you wouldn't want to do that! Five minutes with a betta in the car makes me nervous!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #9 
Channa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosesAndRuffles View Post
That wouldn't be very easy, I completely understand why you wouldn't want to do that! Five minutes with a betta in the car makes me nervous!
I am very nervous for it! Sometimes I take him on a 45 minute ride to my boyfriends house to care for him when I will be going home for a few days and can't find a babysitter, and thats very nerve wrecking! I feel so bad for him!

If I'm able to get him home safely and then back again in the fall without trouble, I will be getting another! I can't stop thinking about that orange!
Channa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #10 
jesssan2442

today I went to petco and saw a HIGH LIGHTER yellow betta he was a HMPK he was amazing but my mom said I couldn't have him cause I'm starting a sorority soon so I am gonna try and get one of his sisters for my sorority
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote