Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #11 
pittipuppylove

Not sure if it's true or not, but I was told that they were having issues with the wiring in the Evolve 4 and that's why it's on clearance... Given that I was told this by a Petco employee, I have my doubts. It'd seem like they'd do a recall if there was a defect.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #12 
Melodica

I got the new pump and ended up putting some panty hose over the outlet nozzle. It seems to have solved the problem, though probably at the expense of a pump in the future.
Melodica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #13 
Lena N

I exchanged my new Hex for this one the day before yesterday.
This Evolve 4 sounds kind of nosy, exactly pump itself and it spits with air from time to time. Is mine broken? There are no 4th left in stores around, are pumps the same in 2 and 6? Should I exchange it?
Are your filters (pumps), guys, realy quiet?
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #14 
VJM

Mine is sort of quiet. Making sure the pump is attached firmly by its suction cups to the floor of the reservoir helps. Also, you can always shove some aquarium sponge between the pump and the wall of the tank. Makes it pretty much noiseless.

It shouldn't be spitting air. Make sure the L shaped connector between the outflow nozzle and the pump tubing is attached firmly.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #15 
Lena N

Thank you, VJM !!! I will try all those thing, maybe it will help.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #16 
itzBlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena N View Post
I exchanged my new Hex for this one the day before yesterday.
This Evolve 4 sounds kind of nosy, exactly pump itself and it spits with air from time to time. Is mine broken? There are no 4th left in stores around, are pumps the same in 2 and 6? Should I exchange it?
Are your filters (pumps), guys, realy quiet?
mine is pretty loud, and what ive read from reviews, and other peoples
comments online they say the same. ive checked over mine, and its functioning
fine just a bit lound. gonna try what vjm said about the sponge and see if that
helps.
itzBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #17 
Melodica

I really didn't like the filtration and the flow (even though I used nylons to block some of it), so I ended up just returning the tank and getting a 5g kit from Walmart for $6 less. My new boy seems a lot happier with the extra space too.
Melodica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #18 
frankiefire

Anyone else's local store not honor this sale either? It seems people post up sales like this and the $1 a gallon sale and none of the stores around here honor it. I would think it should be national since it's a chain store. Is it just jersey that doesn't?
frankiefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #19 
Lena N

frankiefire It is strange they do not honor it. Are you sure you asked exactly about evolve 4? Because 2 and 8 are not on sale.
And those glass ones are 1$ per G in CA. I would try to call not to store but to their business department.
itzBlitz, Melodica, VJM I tried to put aquarium foam on sides of a pump, but it did not help, anyway it sounds like a tractor. It is hard for me to get use to this noise. I have Fluval Spec 5 and it sounds so quiet that I can not go for less now. The flow in Fluval also was strong, but if to put tiny piece of foam in nozel and normal piece of foam on top of filter there is almost no flow (so piece of foam in nozel is enough).
I like the look of Evolve 4 and I like its light a lot, and sale price, but mine is too noisy, If were fish I would get crazy from that. I am going to return it...
Old 04-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #20 
VJM

I know people have returned just the pump, and had decent luck getting a quieter one, if you want to try that.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote