Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2013, 02:57 AM   #1 
SnowyKatt

Hiya

I'm new here still, my name is SnowyKatt... I'm a betta fish owner of a fry betta fish named Rainbow who is in my picture, he's the love of my life, darling little guy, always happy and full of life. I purchased Rainbow some time ago, :) His Birthday is March 8th/2013.

Rainbow has a friend, his name is Phoenix, Phoenix is 11 months old, his birthday is April 16th/2012 and whom I have taken charge of caring for due to my 13 year old daughter mistreating him.

Long story short, she failed to tell me something was wrong with Phoenix and left him untreated with velvet for 3 weeks, I had NO knowing of this mess she had caused up until Tuesday, April 2nd/2013.

I have been treating him since, Phoenix's behavior changed from a happy go lucky little soldier to a miserable and irritable anti-sociable wreck, his appetite loss was the first sign, he even so much as refused to acknowledge anyone or even socialize with me and tell me what was wrong with him by showing me his body language.

Phoenix is the other love of my life, I'm his new owner now, he's on the road to recovery right now from a really bad infection of velvet. I found the right remedy to help bring my little soldier back to me.

I was at a complete loss with him and started having my doubts and this is how I came here, I needed more help and information based on velvet.

So here I am!!
SnowyKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:46 AM   #2 
djembekah

Welcome! Glad Phoenix is in your hands now. sometimes kids have a harder time than you'd think with fish. you can maybe teach her to care for him again, or just spoil him yourself! Either way, have fun on the forum and with your buddies :)
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #3 
waterdog

Welcome to the forum and the fun!

Glad he is getting the help he needs and we played a part in it!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #4 
jesssan2442

yeah it really depends on the kid... I'm 13 and I have 2 bettas and I take full responsibility for them...
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote