Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #1 
MoonShadow

I feel like such a Failure..

This little white CT had been sitting in Petsmart for at least a month before I was finally able to bring him home yesterday. He had popeye and some minor finrot. After only having him here for a little over 24 hours, Snap (I named him SnapDragon) has passed away... I feel like such a failure, I don't know what happened... but I can't help like feeling that I did something wrong...

Swim in Peace Snap, I'm sorry I couldn't save you... I tried... but I feel like I just made things worse...

MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #2 
newbettaguy

There is no way you are a failure Moon.... Im sure he was as happy as he had ever been while in yuor care... You just got him too late.... I wish Petco would date the arrival of the bettas on the shelf... maybe start reducing the pricesthe longer they are thereso they find a home quicker
newbettaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #3 
Skyewillow

You're NOT a failure! The store is the one that lets these guys down, sometimes we can't save them all, but at least you stepped up to the plate and TRIED! You gave him warm, clean water, and all of the love that he needed, and I'm sure he passed on, feeling comfortable for the first time in his life.

You gave him so much in just the short time that he was with you, and you should be proud of your efforts. Not many people do what you do, you're a hero, and an advocate that these guys so desperately need! -big hugs-
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #4 
percyfyshshelley

You are not a failure! I had the same thing happen to me. Rescued a betta that didn't seem that sick but had been in the shop for over a month. Being in poor quality, cold water for a longtime surely wears down their immunity. At least Snap passed away in a nice environment in a loving home.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #5 
logisticsguy

You help so many sick fish Moonshadow I admire you. Even the greatest human docs cant save them all. Whatever the problem was it started well before in your hands. Dont let it get you down you did your best.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote