Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #1 
Tonksy

Talking All of my fish (lots of pictures)

Hey all!
I guess my other account was deleted/hacked? Bleh, so I made a new one since all of my attempts to access it failed. I'll try and be more active with this account, haha.

So, I have a lot of fish... currently own six Betta, three snails, and four guppies. (and this is all at my college. I have a 55 gallon, a 10 gallon, and a couple of empty 1 gals at home.)
I rescue a lot of fish... on my college campus I'm known as the "fish girl" so whenever someone has a fishmergency or can't take care of them anymore, I adopt them and make them healthy again. The majority of the guys I own here are rescues.

Top (from left) Yukon Cornelius, Lemon, and Finn (deceased)
Bottom from left: Pongo, Neville, Azul

Yukon:
A really shy little Plakat. He loves to hide under his red bridge, so I call him my little troll. <3

I don't have any pictures of lemon since she's matured. :C So here's baby Lemon!
She's really spunky and marbled as she got older. She's a tough girl and loves to flare at Yukon (who gets scared and runs away! )

Finn: (R.I.P) Rescue
Someone dumped this little guy into the community tank at Walmart and caught numerous diseases. After about a month he finally passed from Columnaris. :C

Albus Ingis lives where Finn was: Rescue
Someone on my college campus told me she couldn't keep him because he was boring and wouldn't eat. She had him living in a .5 that was half empty! Poor little guy was dying from ammonia poisoning and mistreatment. Perked right up when I brought him home and now he puffs up at everything! He's turning blue right now and has a purple iridescence.

Pongo:
My first betta. Very peaceful and currently lives with two guppies and a snail. I call him my little stoner since he's never flared and loves to chill out with the guppies swimming through his fins. The only time he gets aggressive is when he sees any type of food, even the snail's.

Neville (old pic. He's gotten even bigger) Rescue
Another person on campus told me he was bored of his fish. This poor giant was living in a FILTHY 1 gallon and had swim bladder. He loves to flare and is really lazy. (He acts like a fat cat. He only swims around when there's food or something to flare at. xD)

Azul: Rescue
He was extremely pale when I got him. The desk clerk at petsmart tried to change my mind about buying him since he was so sickly and pale. After a month he turned the deepest blue I've ever seen in a betta (pictures dont do justice) and he loves to puff up and swim victory laps after he dive-bombs his food.

And then an NPT I started last week: (houses guppies)
Anubias Nana, Bacopa (moneywort), and amazon swords. I'm hoping to find some driftwood and duckweed so I can officially scape this tank to look good.
Tonksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #2 
Ramla

Wow dang OO
All your tanks and especially your npt makes me wish I had so much more time, money and space to devote to more betta's

But for now I must just stick with the one XD
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #3 
Tonksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla View Post
Wow dang OO
All your tanks and especially your npt makes me wish I had so much more time, money and space to devote to more betta's

But for now I must just stick with the one XD
Funny thing is, I'm actually a REALLY poor college kid with very little time my friends and family keep donating tanks and fish and supplies so I just keep adding to my collection and I go buy new stuff whenever I get paid for art. xD I also have four jobs, so how I manage to keep to my water changing schedules is beyond me. o___o;
Old 04-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #4 
MoonShadow

Lots of lovely bettas!! You do a great thing rescuing them! It's a very rewarding thing to do isn't it?
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #5 
Tonksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Lots of lovely bettas!! You do a great thing rescuing them! It's a very rewarding thing to do isn't it?
Oh yes it is! I love knowing I can heal them up. It's so sad to know someone killed it from lack of interest or improper knowledge...
Even though I'm running out of room in my dorm (literally...) I know I'll keep rescuing if anyone asks me to. :)
Old 04-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #6 
Ramla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonksy View Post
Funny thing is, I'm actually a REALLY poor college kid with very little time my friends and family keep donating tanks and fish and supplies so I just keep adding to my collection and I go buy new stuff whenever I get paid for art. xD I also have four jobs, so how I manage to keep to my water changing schedules is beyond me. o___o;
Ha XD well if I got the supplies donated than I would totally have more bettas, I think thats the biggest cost issue.

That and there are size limits of aquariums in dorms
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #7 
Tonksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla View Post
Ha XD well if I got the supplies donated than I would totally have more bettas, I think thats the biggest cost issue.

That and there are size limits of aquariums in dorms
Hahaha! Oh yes, definitely! xD

Our size limit is 5 gallons. But I think my college is going to be setting a gallon limit next year because of me... I'm an RA and every time my boss comes to visit for room checks she just shakes her head and sighs
Old 04-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #8 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonksy View Post
Funny thing is, I'm actually a REALLY poor college kid with very little time
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote