I talked to the owner of a LFS today and told him about my plans for a 20 gal sorority. One of my concerns was a filter, and he showed me a mini one (box said for three gal). It was a great price and the flow was very gentle. I asked if he had any for 20 gal when i noticed what it was recommended for, and he said that those recommendations really didn't matter. Is this true? why or why not?
I'd really appreciate some suggestions on the best one to get. I have about 20 to spend (give or take) and these are the things I am looking for:
1. Safe- I don't want any fish sucked up or fins caught
2. Cost effective- Unless it is cheap, I'd rather not have to mess with cartridges etc
3. Quiet and energy efficient- I really don't want one that buzzes or makes massive amounts of noise because of our roommate. I also don't want my power bill to skyrocket.
4. Size- the smaller, the better
5. Gets the job done- I really need this to be reliable in helping me keep the tank manageable since I have three other tanks to take care of.
Thanks so much guys!! I really appreciate the advice :D