Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #21 
TopHatDance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
Honestly, mustard gas is a "patented" color or whatever. He's a bicolor. A true mustard gas can only come from the original mustard gas strain of bettas, but ... I don't think anybody cares about that. xD still, I have a boy, Cronus, that's similar in color. I believe that he'll get more colors on him possibly. Try a flourscent or LED light on Kuwabara. He might shine blue. :P
Well, his fins aren't all completely yellow, either. It's obviously hard to see in my phone pictures, but he has a little bit of blue in the webbing of his fins, and the tips of them seem to be a different color as well. But now I definitely want to get a light to shine on him! :D that sounds like fun.
TopHatDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #22 
VJM

Awww, he's beautiful!

craigslist can be a good source for cheap tanks, or it can be a laugh riot as people try to get 60 bucks for a five gallon from walmart. Worth taking a look in your area.

Make sure you get a thermometer so that you can monitor the temperature and make sure it stays stable.

It is awesome you are giving him such a happy home, and that you care enough to research what he needs.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #23 
babybluebettalover42

You're tank looks great! Welcome to the forum! Beautiful CT...If you're still looking for pellets, I've had great luck with Hikari Betta Bio-Gold, my Xany loves it. Also if you still have space, they like having a little house or something like that it gives them a retreat and its cute when they poke their head out to stare at you like mine does while I'm at my desk doing homework. They're a joy you'll catch the Betta bug pretty quick.
babybluebettalover42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aggression, behavior, food