Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #1 
Jexx

UPDATE: Lazy Half Giant

So through a combination of my threads "Why is my fish so LAZY?" and "Half Giant?" I came to the discovery that I wasn't feeding Galileo enough. I though I was doing him a favor by feeding him only a couple pellets twice a day. I thought it was better for his health. Then he started getting "lazy" sleeping a lot, laying around not flaring or building bubble nests. He was still eating like he was starving though so I figured he was just a big lazy male. But then I realized how big he was and did some research and asked some questions and common sense clicked in. For a small or normal sized betta, maybe a few pellets a day is healthy. but for an almost 4 inch male it clearly wasn't enough. Today I upped his feeding to 5 or 6 pellets twice a day and I see a huge difference. He has built a gigantic bubble nest and is racing back and forth, showing off like never before! I feel so bad. My lazy fish was just hungry :(
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #2 
DamanDhillon

aw good thing you figured that out. I think I did the same thing with mine.

He's almost four inches as well and I was only feeding him two pellets a day thinking it would be easy on his stomach and would prevent constipation.. he got lazy until I started feeding 3 pellets in the morning and 1 or 2 before bedtime!
DamanDhillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #3 
Jexx

I guess this is just another one of those things where we can't always go by the guidelines as each betta has different needs!
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote