Betta Fish Forum banner

Algea

671 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Fabi 
#1 ·
In my community tank im starting to have a minor-major outbreak of algea, its not too bad, but its kinda bad, what can i do? What types of algea eater would be best? What causes algea?

#2 ·
I use those aquarium glass wipes when I do my weekly water change and that discourages alge..you can also use " No More Alge"..fizzing tablets by Jungle..I think it's Jungle ..you can go to LFS and find them.With any of these products you need to clean the aquarium first and also make sure you read the directions carefully before using them.

#5 ·
Yea i like them, i got a chinese algae eater, and a pleco

#6 ·
I would think about returning them. Chinese algae eaters get to be 6" long and can be one of the most aggressive fish you could get. They also do a poor job of eating algae and would much rather eat whatever else you feed your fish. Also, most pleco species get huge and produce a ton of waste. Unless you had one of the dwarf species like a clown or bristlenose, you're looking at a fish that could grow to well over a foot long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.