Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #1 
hagi123

betta jumped out of tank

yes I keep him in a 2 gallon tank and went to go check on something for about 15 minutes I come back and he is on the carpet not dead but looking somewhat stiff I instantly put him back in and all he does now for 4 days straight is just sit in the top corner and hardly moves before that he ate like a beast but now he doesn't even notice when I try to feed him
hagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Your poor betta has had it rough and as a result he isn't looking too good. He has been through a big ordeal but the fact that he is still alive is definaltely something. Give him time to recover. If he is uninterested in his usual food try offering something extra nice like frozen black mosquito larvae or frozen brine shrimp to encourage him. Just be sure to rinse thoroughly before feeding them to him and just drop one at a time into his tank, this will give him time to try to eat it before it sinks to the ground at which point he may become uninterested in it. Be sure to remove any uneaten food afterwards to avoid polluting his tank.

Even though it is not ideal bettas can survive quite some time without eating (a month or two in fact) so do not get disheartened if he does not eat straight away just keep offering food to him daily and in the end he should recover fully.

Good luck with your little guy, I hope he is doing much better soon
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote