Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2013, 05:18 AM   #141 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
:( If he doesn't feel well still, he'll probably be paler. Can't remember if I mentioned it but you may want to keep him in 1 tsp of epsom salts per gallon to be on the safe side. If you have any Indian Almond leaf or decaffeinated pure green tea, you can add that as a source of tannins as well.

He's still alive this morning! He has 1tsp/gallon of epson salt in his tank right now. He had 3tsp/gallon in his QT tank..

He's not as pale and I Can see red in his fins now but he's very listless and is just sort of floating at the top... but he's still alive!
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #142 
rmarkham

He's not doing as well as I had hoped... he's at the bottom of the tank.. sort of laying there... I changed his water today. Here's a picture of him.. :(

Old 05-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #143 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Was he laying at the bottom in his ISO tank? Or has it just been since you put him in his big tank?
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #144 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxxXnoodleXxxX View Post
Was he laying at the bottom in his ISO tank? Or has it just been since you put him in his big tank?
HE was sort of floating on a fake plant when he was being medicated.. for the past few days he hadn't been swimming around much.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #145 
Sakura8

Ah, you could've left it at 3 tsps too. Didn't realize you had that in there. But 1 tsp is probably better right now just to give him a break from so many things in his water.

C'mon, Mr. Squiggles. You can do it! Hang in there, little buddy!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #146 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Ah, you could've left it at 3 tsps too. Didn't realize you had that in there. But 1 tsp is probably better right now just to give him a break from so many things in his water.

C'mon, Mr. Squiggles. You can do it! Hang in there, little buddy!
:( He's just laying at the bottom... but he is moving around.. I haven't seen it but every time I go to check on him he's in a different spot. Gives me a heart attack each time!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #147 
Sakura8

Sounds like what xaltd calls "the sulk." I hate "the sulk." It could mean just about anything in terms of illness. :(
Old 05-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #148 
rmarkham

He's pineconed again...

He can swim.. but not strongly..

It's not all over his body, not that I can see easily.. it seems to be worse by his belly which is big even though I havent been able to get him to eat for a few days now.

Should I take him out and treat again?

EDIT: He looks really bad.... he moved and I can see him from a different angle.. he looks as bad now as he did when he was at his worst in his treatment tank. :( I don't know what else I can do for him... could it be something in his tank making him sick?

Last edited by rmarkham; 05-05-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #149 
Sakura8

:( This is what I was really afraid of. The symptoms that cause dropsy can be really resistant. To be honest, it's probably not going to help at this point because the symptoms (and thus the disease causing them) have returned, but yes, if you want to you can take him out and put him back in Kanaplex AND General Cure.

I think he may have a possible hexamita infestation, an internal parasite that can also cause dropsy symptoms. If so, they can be pretty hard buggers to clear out. The metronidazole in General Cure will tackle them and the Kanaplex will tackle the resulting secondary bacterial infection.

Oh, Mr. Squiggles. :( I'm so sorry, Rachelle. You've really done everything you possibly could for the little guy and I'm so sorry the symptoms have returned.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #150 
rmarkham

Do you think they were something that he had all along? I hadn't introduced anything new to his tank, and I've even moved plants between his tank and Lemongrabs...

And since then I've moved driftwood from his tank to my new rescues tank...

At this point, would treating again just cause more discomfort? It's so hard to watch him just sit at the bottom of his tank like that.. :(