Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #1 
Darth

My Black Dalmations

Hey folks these are my Black Dalmations I spawned last month and I have another pair in right now.
These were not easy to get and there is a fish similar to these on Aquabid for $150 I have 2 pair, these were bred by PG Saga and I hve the only ones of his, I just ordered the very last of his Blue Dalmations, His farm was hit hard by a flood.
These vary from week to week {Marble gene} sometimes spots, sometimes bars, but always striking!!

Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #2 
aemaki09

wow, really cool coloring!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #3 
Luimeril

they look so cool!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #4 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Very neat! I love that coloring.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #5 
Myates

PG is a good breeder. Never once have I ever heard the term "black dalmation". The only classified dalmation in bettas are the orange, which only have the spots on their fins, not bodies.

If he sold them to you as "black dalmation" then it's a term he came up with on his own, or he made claims to get a few extra bucks. They are pretty, but I have seen multiple of those types.. a guy here has a couple he got for free that look just like those. At the most you might be able to call them "fancy" though.. but basically what you have is a marble.

The Aquabid boy you mentioned is a different type.. it's a koi and it's a giant HM (not a normal size HM).. it's actually a little bit sloppy and no where near worth that price.. guess why no one is bidding on it.

Sorry to sound rude.. they are a lovely pair and I love them, but some people may look at you weird if you talk about blue dalmations, etc.. lol

But knowing me I'm probably wrong lol.. but a google search doesn't bring up anything but the normal orange dalmations.

Last edited by Myates; 04-08-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #6 
Darth

I have been breeding for 40 years, I am aware of the marble gene also the dalmation and what the makup of Koi is, like I mentioned these at times will only show spot {Koi} and PG isn't trying to market these since I have the only pairs of his...I am not sure I like the giant bettas much.
He had these on blue also only the ones on his album pages are more spotted, the actual gene that makes Koi is also a marble gene.
I didn't take you as rude, you are like me..I am straight forward and a lot of people misunderstand that.
I haven't seen many of these particular lines out there in fact nothing like this yet on aquabid..yes, I have seen marbles just not these.
Anyway they breed true as where most of the Kois throw everything but the kitchen sink.
And maybe that too..hehehe
Old 04-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #7 
belleangel33

I love dalmations aka marble aka koi!!! I dont care what people call them I just have a soft spot for them! hahaha a soft spot I kill me

I cant wait to see your babies!
belleangel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #8 
Darth

In all fairness, PG was calling them Gangnum style the Black Dalmation was my addon because at the time I got them they were spotted, now they are barred again, in 2 weeks who knows?
That's the Marble gene, the female shown here had No Black on here last month.
I believe Siabellis was the first one to show dalmation and yes spots only in the fins, but that has changed even since then..this craft is growing all the time and with it so too should new classes be made in The IBC as it is, if they keep it up soon due to breeders only producing to satisfy standard many strains will be lost as many are already very hard to find, I n fact I have been searching for the classic Cambodian for some time now.
This almost cost us the true red bettas, thank God some breeders still had some left.

Last edited by Darth; 04-08-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #9 
indjo
TFK Moderator

@Darth,
since you are working with black/white dalmation, have you considered creating milk white-black spotted ones. The only "dalmation" I saw was some years ago; proving that the color combo is possible. I suppose working with dragons would be easier since colors combine differently in dragons - to regular colors. While you're at it, try eliminating the marble genes so you would have more definite patterns. . . . . just a suggestion.

Congrats on your collection and good luck with everything.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #10 
DragonFyre14

They are gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen one like these two. I look forward to hearing about your breeding escapades (If you do in fact breed them.)
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote