Old 04-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #11 
Xaltd1

My Arsenal:
Attached Images

Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #12 
Xaltd1

Plus Prime, Epsom salts, aquarium salt.
I put out an APB to some more members that have helped me, too. I am determined not to lose another fish to this disease, whtever it is.
It is really hard to notice anything "off" or unusual about her b/c she's white w/ red fins! Pale fish don't show diseases as well as a darker colored one would.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hold kn a minute. I'll get Sakura to help you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #14 
Artemis

She bloated still? I'm thinking some parasite. I'm not a betta expert but quite handy with a goldfish.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #15 
Xaltd1

She's dead.

She was bloated, but not extremely so.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #16 
Xaltd1

I'm getting a glass of wine now. I'm upset!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #17 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry, xaltd. I just posted on your other thread but it appears I was too late. You did everything you could and as I said in my other post, you did all the right things by getting her into epsom salts and meds right away.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #18 
LittleBettaFish

I got your PM. Unfortunately, I am not much help with diagnosing and treating disease in fish so I usually recommend someone more knowledgeable in that department.

Just wanted to say that I am sorry to hear she has passed away. Hopefully you can get it figured out.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #19 
Xaltd1

Thank you, everyone.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #20 
LittleBlueFishlets

I really hate to even bring this up but.... the lack of symptoms, followed by slight bloating, and then a quick demise, and the fact that this happens several weeks apart with the fish all displaying the same symptoms (or lack thereof).... makes me think of mycobacteriosis.

That said, I could VERY well be completely, absolutely wrong. I do not know anything about parasites, so for all I know, it could be that. And I have very limited experience with fish diseases, whether bacterial or fungal or parasitical, altogether. So it's quite possible that I'm completely, absolutely ignorant, and speaking absolute nonsense....

Unfortunately, the only way to determine if it's myco would be to send her body to a lab for analysis. Or, if you know someone at a local college or university, perhaps they could do a culture. (You could try asking for someone in the Biology or Microbiology departments.)

The first girl who died, where did you get her from?

Another alternative, which is kind of gruesome, would be for you to cut open her body. (Wear gloves if you do this, and only work on surfaces and with utensils that can be thrown away or put in a dishwasher.) If you want to do this, I recommend contacting someone who is VERY knowledgeable about diseases, and who could tell you what to look for before you try it. I mention this because I recall that someone (Basement Bettas or Coppermoon, maybe?) did this, and determined that there was an issue with the organs.

And, if this offends you for any reason, I apologize. I don't know that I could cut open a pet, myself. I'd be more inclined to bring the body to a lab if I really wanted to determine what was going on....

I'm sorry for your losses....

Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 04-06-2013 at 08:26 PM.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote