Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #1 
PNP

Update on Jazz's ick

I have my fingers crossed, but as of yesterday, there are no little white spots on Jazz. It seems that increasing the water temperature might have done the trick, and honestly, he seems happier at 80 degrees than he did at 78, if that possible.

On the other hand, his fins are getting more shredded looking, so yesterday, when I did water exchange (about 50%), I added aquarium salt along with the stress coat. Is that the right thing to do to encourage healing?

Thanks for your advice on the ick. I'm keeping a very close eye on him to make sure that it's really gone, but for now, my pretty blue and red fish has no little white spots!
PNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

That is great that his white spot seems to be gone!! Are you able to post pictures so we can get an idea of the condition of his fins?
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #3 
PNP

Hi Veggiegirl,

I've tried to take pictures of him. But every time I think I have a good shot, he zooms away. So I have a nice collection of blue blurs. He's very active! I'm thinking that I might try to set my camera on video and see if I can get a decent picture that way.

He has what looks like a tear in his lower tail fin (he's a double tail halfmoon). His dorsal fin is a little ragged along the edge, though I think it might be getting better. The edge of his upper tail fin is thinned and one of his ventral fins is split.

I'm going to do a couple of partial water changes this week to start to dilute the aquarium salt, but I'll continue to add stress coat. Does that sound like the right plan?

Thanks!
PNP is offline   Reply With Quote