Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2013, 04:53 AM   #1 
Missbean

Question Possible fin rot?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I think this is right?
Anyhow, I've had Franklin for about 2 months and he seems content and happily swimming about his tank. Today I noticed some of his fins are tipped white. I looked back at a photo I took of him the day I brought him home and it seems as though he had a bit of white on him back then as well. I'm just wondering if this is infact fin rot or just his colouring.
The attached picture is him today, sorry if it's upside down. I tried flipping it but it always flipped back when attached.
Attached Images

Missbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #2 
Stone

white/clear is usually fin growth fin rot is usually black and you would see bits of fin floating around
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #3 
shellieca
Reference Team

As Stone said, fin rot is typically black edges. He's young so he's still growing fins which is probably what you're seeing. If your doing proper water changes he shouldn't have fin rot. Is his tank heated? What sized tank? Water change schedule? If running a filter is the tank cycled; 0 ammonia/nitrites & <20 nitrates?
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crowntail, fin rot