Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #11 
Viva

A lot of plants have pests on them...I don't mind pond snails because my assassin snails love them and so does my female betta, Spark. She will hunt them down its hilarious.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #12 
PeetaTheBetta

ok thanks for the further input! Yeah I would not really love to have pond snails.........
PeetaTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #13 
PeetaTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
A lot of plants have pests on them...I don't mind pond snails because my assassin snails love them and so does my female betta, Spark. She will hunt them down its hilarious.
lol! I wish I could see that!
PeetaTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #14 
justmel

I've been looking at ordering a couple snail (they aren't available in my lps), from what I've read assassin and nirite(sp?) snails won't reproduce in my fresh water tanks. When I asked at the LPS they laughed and said that they would reproduce like any other snail & I'd soon be over run. Which is true? Do your assassin snails reproduce in you tanks as well? I already have several mystery snails, so I was very interested in some assassins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #15 
Agility4fun

I just placed an order at Planted Aquariums Central and it should be here soon. I'll let you know how they look when they arrive.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #16 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
I've been looking at ordering a couple snail (they aren't available in my lps), from what I've read assassin and nirite(sp?) snails won't reproduce in my fresh water tanks. When I asked at the LPS they laughed and said that they would reproduce like any other snail & I'd soon be over run. Which is true? Do your assassin snails reproduce in you tanks as well? I already have several mystery snails, so I was very interested in some assassins.
When I bought them at Petco the guy said that, "You might have baby snails because they've been attached to each other for days now."

But its been months and so far I've seen nothing. But I hear the babies will stay underneath the substrate to escape the bigger ones from eating them. The adult ones love to burrow too, I rarely see them. I read the eggs are soft, so its possible they were eaten by the other snails or my betta too. Not sure.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #17 
VJM

Nerites lay eggs in freshwater, but they can't develop. You need brackish water to breed them.

Also, they are pretty.

In regards to plants, I have been ordering all over the place to see who I like. Just got an order in from here (recommended by oldfishlady):

http://www.tricker.com/Category/oxygenating

More expensive shipping, but my gosh you get a TON of plants. If you need to bulk order, I highly recommend.

Planted Aquarium Central are some of the only plants that haven't melted in my tanks. I always get regrowth, but his just grow from the beginning. Also highly recommended.

Last edited by VJM; 04-10-2013 at 07:00 PM.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #18 
Agility4fun

Here is what my order looked like from Planted Aquariums Central. Not a stray critter on them.
Attached Images

Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #19 
VJM

Oh my gosh, gorgeous stuff!

My plants from there have been the most healthy BY FAR from all of the sundry orders I have placed. Highly recommended.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #20 
rmarkham

I've also used http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com/ and had a wonderful experience! I'm upgrading my 29G to a 40 or a 60, and will be using them again for sure!
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote