Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #31 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hated the lights that came with my tanks. They are side-by-side so I bought two 20" wide hinged canopies and the above light. One less light to plug in and the canopies and light will work when I get my 20L.

When I need to replace them I'll probably get tubes better suited for plants. The cabomba and narrow-leaf anachris are growing so fast I have to cut them back once a week or the bottom plants are light-deprived.

I also bought some aquarium LED blue light strips that attach to the inside rim of the tanks. They are fully submersible. I run those at night.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #32 
peachii

We have ordered from a lot of different places. So far Trickers is my favorite in quality, although a few of the smaller plants did take awhile to start growing.

We bought easter eggs and cut a hole in the top and poked holes in the side for flow to go through a little, filled with organic miiracle grow and let the plants get roots before we planted them in the tanks fully. We've lost no plants since we started doing that. They also look kind of cool, even if they do move around a little. New plants i tend to want to move around to get them just perfect and that gave is time to decide exactly where i wanted them.

He's going to order from a new place this week and get the last few plants on my wish list. Plants are addictive i believe. We will have about 30 different varieties after this next order and should be in a good position to grow and sell the over stocks soon.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #33 
VJM

I also want to put in a plug for all of the hobbyists who have turned plant propagation into a side business. The ones I have dealt with have been spectacular.

I recently ordered a bunch of stuff, including hard to find erios and anubias nana petite, and these plants are obviously raised with care.

If you want names, just pm me!
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote