Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #1 
Kayemm

Hello fellow betta-lovers!

Hey everyone! One of my best friends introduced my to this forum (yes, I'm looking at you, Dezerngirl), so I figured it would be a good idea to introduce myself.
My name is Kristen. I am [completely insane.. uh- I mean..] in love with bettas (and most other animals). I have 2 dogs, Tayoh [doberman] and Neomah [doberman/ golden retriever], and 8 fish- 5 bettas and 3 guppies.
My boys are Dugan ('dragonscale' wildtype coloring- though more blue), and Ilo (white and blue marble veiltail). The girls are Mora (black orchid crowntail), Rowan (black and red crowntail), and Clarity (cellophane veiltail).

I just ordered (it feels wrong saying that) 4 more bettas from Texas. 2 salamander hmpks males, and 2 superblack hmpk females. The two salamanders I'm getting are more purple-looking, though technically I suppose they would be blue with the red-wash.. I'm not really sure. I'm planning on getting some salamander females and super black males in the near future, too..
I'm just starting to get into breeding bettas. They are my passion and long-time hobby. My goal is to create something amazing! (Not really sure what, but I figure I have plenty of time to figure it out!) The bettas that I'm bringing home are a big change than what you can find around here. I work at PetSmart, and compared to their fish, these guys are like BAM- instant-drool... or maybe that's just me.

Anywho, I look forward to hearing from all of you and learning everything I can on the forum. (:
Kayemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #2 
shakeitsalome

Hi, Kristen!!

I'm [completely insane] in love with bettas, too!!

Your boys and girls sound beautiful! Looking forward to pics of them all, and your new ones. :)

(Just realized I never did one of these. Oops.)
shakeitsalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #3 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Welcome to the forum! Your girls sound wonderful and I'd like to see pictures of them all! And don't worry, pretty much most of us order fish and other various things.

I'm jealous you work at PetSmart, I'm trying to get a job either there or at our PetCo or if I'm super lucky one of my LFS. Anyway welcome again and I hope you learn bunches here!

Cheers
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #4 
Kayemm

I'm looking forward to getting my new fish, too. I'll post a ton of pictures next week. :3
I love working at PetSmart, though sometimes it makes me sad to see some of the fish go to homes where people don't REALLY care for them like my friends and I do. The amount of people who think its okay to house two males together or a male and a female together would surprise you. I probably ruin 3+ fish sales a week by telling people they can't put them together. (And even then people look at me funny).
Kayemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh gosh yeah I forget about those types of people sometimes. I'm not sure I could just sit there and tell people they could do those types of things, I think I'd be a very bad employee for PetSmart/PetCo but if I can get into my LFS that would really be great since they are also knowledgeable and people that go there actually do care about their fish and stuff :) GL with all that!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote