Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #1 
shakeitsalome

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Hi, all. I've been here a couple weeks now and just realized I haven't done this. Oopsie.

My name is Josie. I'm a stay-at-home mom of three (crazy) wonderful kids, and married to a (grumpy) teddy bear of a guy. Quite a few cats allow us to live with them. Ten, actually: Cap'n Jack, Boots, Dora, Murphy, Daisy, Wade, Cody, Randy, AJ, and Sheamus.

I'm not new to betta keeping. Before marriage my mother and I had a lot of fish. I cringe now when I look back at all the horrible things we did to our babies- no heaters! Keeping them with other fish! Eek! Thank god I found this site before I repeated old mistakes.

The kids - they're 10, 8, and 2 - wore me down and I agreed to getting fish. We now have two beautiful male bettas: Unnamed white HM (mine) and Pinkie, a pink VT (though she's starting to show hints of red on her fins now so she might be a marble? We'll see), and Goldie: a fantail goldfish.

Aside from my pets and kids, I enjoy reading, writing, internet memes, watching a little too much true crime shows, watching a little too much wrestling, cooking, and board games. When the weather gets cold I like to knit and crochet, and when it's warm I like to go outside and putter around in the yard. Despite my grandmother's tireless efforts, I have no green thumb. Unless you count honeysuckle...

I like good books, old movies, and a proper cuppa tea. I don't like long walks on the beach or candlelight dinners, unless I'm writing about someone else experiencing it.

That's all I can think of for now. I could go on and on (I'm quite verbose as you can see) but I suppose I should feed the kids before they start a revolution.
shakeitsalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #2 
PeetaTheBetta

HI I am also new so I can't really "welcome" you to the page but nice to meet you!
PeetaTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #3 
papercranes

Reading this made me giggle :) you're very funny. I'm also new, but what the heck, WELCOME!
papercranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum

Your intro. is priceless LOL. And I'm wondering how you're going to keep 10 cats from getting into those fish tanks.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #5 
shakeitsalome

Thanks everyone! This place has become my second home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
... I'm wondering how you're going to keep 10 cats from getting into those fish tanks.
With the exception of Sheamus, they're all too lazy to be bothered. He investigated the first tank I set up but after getting splashed with water has stayed far away. I don't think the others have even noticed the tanks.
shakeitsalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #6 
motherpeters

Welcome! Glad to see another face!
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote