Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #61 
Jayloo

In my opinion they don't look too far behind. I'm sure if you transfer them to a grow out they will flourish. They don't look too little. And I'm sure it is a space issue. A ten gallon is just little for 80+ fish.
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #62 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMay View Post
So I may MAY have seen two dbt fry they definatly had a split in the middle of their tails but it could be from siblings biting or something as well. Not sure. I thought I also would mention that while these guys will not be ready for awhile I will be giving them away for free +shipping U.S.A only.

Oh also they are starting to show some color well if you call a grey a color anyway lol I tried to take pictures but it wont show. Also dorsals are looking awesome most of them are almost as long as their anal fin though I dont know how that will translate once they mature.
Those are early signs of irid coloring. Usually turquoise/green and steel blue looks light colored when young but royal blue looks dark since young. Cherry red also looks dark since young but I don't know how bright red would look. Other colors like cambodian, orange, white/platinum, will look light colored since young.

It seems you have a good number of irid colors. I'm guessing green/turquoise, whether dark or grizzled.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #63 
MadMay

Hm well I managed to get one photo thats actually true to life. The flash always shows off their iridescence but most of my fry are white/light but about five or so are start to looking gray with the exception of their head.
Attached Images

MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #64 
crowntaillove3

So cute!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #65 
MadMay

Ok guys I need your opinions I noticed a special needs fry that cant really swim it just kind of hops around at the bottom of the tank. Its normal sized and seems to eat just fine of the bottom of the tank. I occasionally suck up fry Im thinking that "hopper" may have been one I sucked up and he is was possibly damaged but no way to know for sure... any ideas on how I can help the poor guy out?
Old 05-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #66 
MadMay

Monday I moved all the fry to my 29 gallon grow out tank everyone seems to be doing well. looks like about half of the fry are developing a peachy color to their fins that will most likely turn red orange. about one fourth are grayish like pictured above and the rest haven't developed color yet. got some cute pics of a baby hiding in the plant you can see the "peach" color on his fins. ps the fourth pic from the bottom is probably one of my favorite pictures every taken look at those adorable eyes!
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #67 
crowntaillove3

So cute! They are looking great!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #68 
alunjai

They're looking fantastic... I love the 2nd pic inside the pot... :)
How old are they now? I see you're feeding them brine shrimps... live or frozen?
alunjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #69 
MadMay

Its frozen but I think I want Im going to order "Ocean Nutrition Instant baby brine shrimp" I read some good reviews on it. My fry are a little on the small side so I been trying to give them more food options.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #70 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, cute pics!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote