Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #11 
SunshineSulie

Yeah, that's my plan with my betta sorority. I want to do things right. You know? Sad to say, Sunshine is my trial, first betta fish. I have messed up a few times, but she has been a great betta, and she is nice and healthy now, a great inspiration to get more knowledge and bettas. :)
SunshineSulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #12 
Hadoken Kitty

We all have/had trial bettas. It happens in everything. First time dog. First time trial pair for betta breeding. Don't sweat it. I bet she's such a cutie too!!! What a cute little name, too!!! Make me smile just reading it. (:
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #13 
SunshineSulie

My mom actually named me Sunshine, but changed it to Casey because my grandma "didn't want a hippie grand-daughter". I'll attach a picture of her, because I love to show her off. :)
Old 04-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #14 
SunshineSulie

Beautiful Sunshine. :)
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #15 
Hadoken Kitty

LOL hippie grand-daughter.

She's so cute!!! I think cambodian females are the cuuutest!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #16 
SunshineSulie

Thanks, I think she is super beautiful, too. :) I want to find a breeder for her in Indiana eventually, since I can't do it myself... It's a long story, so yeah. Lol ol.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #17 
Hadoken Kitty

The only thing I can think of is that she has a bit of a longer anal fin. Though I bet that if you got a breeder with a male who already had a great spread to him, then it wouldn't be a big deal.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #18 
SunshineSulie

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. I am hoping someone on here sees her and wants to possibly breed her.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #19 
Blue Fish

Okay, first off, your fish is sooo cute! I agree with you both, I love the Cambodian color with the lighter body and darker fins. And the speckles...oh the speckles... ;)

Now, about your lid. You can either buy a hood, or a glass lid, or you can hit up your local hardward store and have them cut a piece of glass for you to fit, or you can use acrylic (plexiglass). It should cost you about 10$ for the acrylic, not sure about the glass, but I'd bet not a whole lot more. It is *NICE* because it looks really inconspicuous on your tanks, and as has been mentioned, you can see the fish from the top. :)

Here's a photo of two of my tanks done this way:

Please excuse the mess, this is my sewing/storage room, and it's the catchall for extra furniture, etc. :)

The acrylic does tend to warp a little bit (especially with the heat from the lamps) so I just flip it over every day to let it warp back the *other* way, and it straightens back out. Also, make sure you leave a slot somewhere for air exchange. :)

Last edited by Blue Fish; 04-07-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #20 
SunshineSulie

Thanks for the great pictures! I got a guy in Indiana who is leaving for college to give me a tank lid (20 long) for 15 dollars, so I think I am going to take it! :)