Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #1 
Devina

Hello from Vegas!

I've been reading this forum since 2:30 this morning after just getting my first betta. (He's in my Avatar) There's so much information here, so glad to be joining the community.
The little fella's happy as can be swimming around in his 2.5gal tank. I probably won't be posting a lot for a while, since I'll mostly be reading trying to learn everything I can.
And for the record, I've already got the bug. I'm currently plotting out how long it'll take me to afford another tank so I can have more.
Devina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #2 
clopez1

Welcome to the forum. :D
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping.....

Nice to meet you...

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #4 
Chuckee

Veeeeeegas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devina View Post
I've been reading this forum since 2:30 this morning after just getting my first betta. (He's in my Avatar) There's so much information here, so glad to be joining the community.
The little fella's happy as can be swimming around in his 2.5gal tank. I probably won't be posting a lot for a while, since I'll mostly be reading trying to learn everything I can.
And for the record, I've already got the bug. I'm currently plotting out how long it'll take me to afford another tank so I can have more.
YAYE!
Another Vegas fish-hoarder!
Okay, I hope not a hoarder, but I don't think that a few bettas is too many.

Just a little good (bad) advice (influence) for you: You don't actually have to use a tank. There are stores around here with decent prices on unique glasswares that are large enough to house bettas. I have a bowl that holds over ten gallons of water! (I've never actually measured, but guessing 12-13)
Chuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #5 
Devina

LOL. Well for now I've gotta stick to the smaller ones, not a lot of room at the current place, but when I move all bets are off.
It's nice to have more Vegas people to talk to. Where do you usually buy supplies?
Devina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #6 
Chuckee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devina View Post
LOL. Well for now I've gotta stick to the smaller ones, not a lot of room at the current place, but when I move all bets are off.
It's nice to have more Vegas people to talk to. Where do you usually buy supplies?
Hey, Devina:
Been a long time since I've been on here, but I'll answer your question anyway...
Vegas absolutely SUCKS for fish supplies. The best place that I have found so far is the PetCo at 3890 Blue Diamond. I've been sent to quite a few places that are no longer in business (or else have moved to nobody knows where) and have ventured into every hole in the wall fish store that I pass (which -tend- to have better livestock selection, but no supplies) and am vastly disappointed always.
That's not to say that there's nowhere good, really, but I haven't run across it yet.
My last bunch of goodies came off the internet (petmountain.com) and I wasn't unhappy with their prices, plus they shipped really quickly, which is always awesome!
Old 04-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #7 
TeteRouge

Yes, that Petco on Blue Diamond is pretty good , it's where I got the Betta in my avatar. Another local aquarium friend recommended it. We still go to TropAquarium, Atlantis, and Lucky, more for fish, as Chuckee says, than supplies. I usually order supplies online from Drs Foster & Smith. There are also a couple of guys that have worked aquatics for years and know their stuff at Petsmart on Lake Mead and Rainbow...

Last edited by TeteRouge; 04-05-2013 at 04:13 AM.
TeteRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #8 
Chuckee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeteRouge View Post
....There are also a couple of guys that have worked aquatics for years and know their stuff at Petsmart on Lake Mead and Rainbow...
That's the closest pet store to me, now. I've only ever met the one with the long hair who seemed halfway knowledgeable. There was a pretty smart kid at the PetCo across the street before it closed (the majority of their staff was.... *gag*), but I've never really had good luck at that PetSmart... I've never had good luck with fish from PetSmart, period...
Old 04-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #9 
Chuckee

I just looked up that group on facebook. XP
Old 04-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #10 
papercranes

Welcome! I don't like Petsmart either, I feel Petco has a better selection here. The closest one to me is the one right by the Galleria Mall. I've always seen TropAquarium but I never had the chance to check it out, I think its about time :)
papercranes is offline   Reply With Quote