Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #1 
Auburn Sakura

Red face Nice to meet you!

Hello, I am a teen who will be sharing this account with her mother. :) Both my mother and I love anime, manga, video games, writing, reading, and art. We simply love and adore animals. (In fact I always feel guilty when eating meat and even vegetables and fruit! DX) Well, that's a little bit about me, I guarantee you'll get to learn more about both of us by talking to us! :D

We have one dog which is a Shih Tzu mixed with something else. (We think a poodle or a papillon.) We also have two Cockatiels (One gray and one yellow.). We've also own many animals in the past including an iguana and several cats and dogs as well as a rat. And have taken care of many others. ^.^

We have five bettas, which we got recently. One was in poor health and it's scales were peeling away, he's doing much better now though since we bought him from the petstore. (Petco.)

Our first two betta fish were Emmeryn (Named after a Fire Emblem: Awakening character.) and Aquasia.

Emmeryn, despite having a girl's name is a male. He is a Delta tail which we believe to be a Super Betta. We are not completely sure though. His fins are mainly white colored while his torso and head are red/purple. He is in a tank with a Banjo catfish, there have been no skirmishes between the two. Emm, (Emmeryn.), is a beautiful male who's personality varies.

Aquasia, (Named after me trying to think of a name of the color turquiose.), is a veil tail female who has bright bright teal colors. We are pretty sure she is a she, because she gets yellow bands when sighting our other male betta fish through her tank walls. She has two Algae eating shrimp in her tank with a Synodontis Nigriventris catfish named Chrom. (Also named after a FE:A character.) Aqua, (Aquasia.), is a fiesty female who hogs down food to no end. (We try not to overfeed her. She just eats vivaciously. As soon as the pellets are in the tank she eats them right up like she's starving.) Aquasia also has some redness to her fins, but we've tested the water and everything seems to be fine. We are keeping an eye on her just in-case though. Does anyone have any ideas on it? D:)

After these two we have three more males, Sully Luna, Sully Sol, and Lon'Qu. (Names derived from FE:A and the Sullys' colorings.

Sully Luna is iridescent and a bit transparent, but has a pale yellow color which shines like Opal in the light. Luna's tank mates are two Sunkist shrimp and Lissa, another Synodontis Nigriventris Catfish. AKA the upside-down catfish. Sully Luna is also a Delta tail.

Sully Sol has the same types of coloring as Sully Luna. Sol is a Crown tail and has three algae eating shrimp for tank mates.

And finally Lon'Qu is a red Delta tail male who golden touches to his scales. He is tank mated with a talking catfish.

None of our tankmates have been attacked, they have been chased a little (Mostly the shrimp and Lissa.) Lissa used to be in a tank with Emmeryn, but he kept following her around acting like: "Hey, that's mine... That's mine too... Get out...". (At least that's what it seemed like. XD Lol.)

We have live plants in our tanks. Java Ferns, Kyoto Japanese Water Plants another type of fern, and another leafy type of plant. (I don't know what it is exactly.)

We have bought our supplies and Bettas from Petco. We also got some supplies from another petshop which is closing down in our area.

It is lovely meet you all. This forum as well as the people seem incredibly nice, and I hope to have a good time here with my mother. (:D

As a concluding piece I'd like to wish you all a wonderful week and I hope all of our bettas and other creatures (Yours and ours.) live a wonderful and fun life! 8D

Last edited by Auburn Sakura; 04-06-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Auburn Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there and welcome to the forum!

We would all love to see some photos of your bettas and their tanks! I too adore animals and have been a vegan for 12 years! Best decision I ever made! All of your pets sound lovely

I hope and and your mum find this forum very helpful and informative
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #3 
Auburn Sakura

@veggiegirl:

Hi! Thank you for welcoming us! :D

I would love to get some photos up, we actually haven't taken any yet, but we're planing to soon. We've only had them this past couple of weeks. Lol. XD

And animals are great, it's cool that you became a vegan! o.o

And thank you very much. They're great animals, at least to us. ^.^

And I hope we do, and so far this forum seems great! (:D
Old 04-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #4 
veggiegirl

awesome, can't wait to see photos! Yes I believe that becoming vegan is the best choice I have ever made because I just could not contribute to the cruelty and suffering. I first turned vegan when I was 11 years old after seeing a truly horrific show on animals raised for slaughter. It changed me forever. I'm 23 now and will never eat another animal product!

Your bettas sound so lovely, I currently own 13 bettas (12 males and a female) and I just made another tank that will hold 10 more males!!!!! The last two bettas that I bought came all the way from Thailand!!!!!!

Apart from fish I own horses, 200 budgies and a few other birds, a Manx cat, pet mice and a pet rat. Most of my pets are rescues
Old 04-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #5 
Auburn Sakura

I just took some with my ipod, they're REALLY blurry though, that's the only downside, I hope to get some with our cameras soon, but these'll have to do for now. XD And wow, that's amazing, animals really do suffer. ),:'(

Wow! THAT'S REALLY AWESOME. Cool that you got those from Thailand! :D Just by the number you have they all must be very beautiful! :)

Sweet! All of your pets sounds amazing! And I haven't even heard the details about them! XD Horses are great, I've always loved them since I was young. And 200 budgies?! 8O That's a lot of birds. The Manx must be nice. And that's great that they're rescues!

Our rat was lovely, her name was Athena. We accidentally bought her while she was pregnant, it was such a surprize...

I'm sorry if I seem a bit down all of a sudden, Sully Luna and Lissa ganged up on the two Sunkist Shrimp and killed them...

We kind of thought it might happen since there's no guarantee that they'll be killed... Luna and Lissa were just so passive we thought they'd be okay...

I'm sorry for dumping this so quickly. It just happened while I was typing my reply. D,'X
Old 04-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #6 
Auburn Sakura

I get really sad about animals sometimes, so I apologize if I seem a bit melodramatic. Damn that was so surprising.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #7 
veggiegirl

Oh no your poor shrimpies got killed poor little guys. I find that bettas are best kept alone because their aggressive nature can lead to such occurances even if they seem okay with them at first.

Oh yes rats are lovely and seriously misunderstood creatures! Now don't freak when I tell you this (some people do) but my rat is actually a wild house rat (the kind people consider pests here). She was an orphan and I found her in our shed she was only a couple of centermetres long and her eyes were still colsed she was sooo young! She was crying because she was hungry so I decided to hand raise her. I named her Pumpkin and she is about 3 years old now (pretty old for a rat). She isn't really any different to any of the domestic rodents that I have owned such a little sweetie and sook! She loves a pat. Much like a cat really.

Is Lissa a female betta?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #8 
veggiegirl

Here is a picture of Pumpkin, just thought you might like to see her!

Name:  Pumpkin bcopy.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  42.4 KB
Old 04-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #9 
Auburn Sakura

Yeah, well may they rest in shrimpy heaven. >3<" And bettas are so agressive sometimes. It's why we moved Lissa in with a different betta, her previous tankmate didn't take too kindly to her. She gets along fine with Sully Luna though. She's an upsidedown catfish, very cute.

I know, when I was in school and told everyone I had a rat they freaked. And that's so nice. I bet she's adorable. Aww... :,D Rats are so great, ours is dead unfortunately. About the same age as yours since they don't live very long. ):( Pumpkin sounds very sweet though. (:)
Old 04-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #10 
Auburn Sakura

Oh my gosh, she's so cute.~ X,D

Tags
betta fish, petco, plants