Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #21 
justmel

YEAH! We can both wait impatiently. I have a rescues bettas from MoonShadow heading my way on Monday too.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #22 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
YEAH! We can both wait impatiently. I have a rescues bettas from MoonShadow heading my way on Monday too.
cant wait to get my fishy! my buddy ended up getting one from the same breeder so I will actually be getting 2 fish (wed or thurs) but only keeping my MG boy. My friends fish is really neat looking too. its a dragon scale. his body is a greenish blue and his fins are orange....I will post pix when they get here. cant wait to see your fish from MoonShadow :)
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #23 
justmel

I can't wait to get Patrick (Moonshadow's betta) here either. I'm getting him for my 3 yr old and he doesn't even know yet. I did show him a picture of Patrick and he thought he looked like 'fire coming out of a dragons mouth' (he's a red CT). I'd love to see your friends fish too.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #24 
sareena79

here is the fish my buddy is getting

and here is the new tank I just set up for my boy (Chumlee)
Old 04-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #25 
justmel

Great tank. No doubt Chumlee will love it! I'm still new to a lot of things betta, but that is an awesome one you friend picked out! Love the color combination, haven't seen anything quite like it before myself.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #26 
sareena79

thanks! I might get one more of those green plants for the other corner to help cover the filter a bit. dont wanna over-crowd the tank tho. I love my freinds betta too. Im actually the one who chose it. he had originally wanted a red and black crowntail which was a pretty neat looking fish but the breeder sent me some pix of other fish and I fell in love with that one. My buddy actually wanted a MG like mine but that was the last one the breeder had so this should be a nice compromise :) Now Im just itching for them to get here!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #27 
sareena79

Quote:
I can't wait to get Patrick (Moonshadow's betta) here either. I'm getting him for my 3 yr old and he doesn't even know yet. I did show him a picture of Patrick and he thought he looked like 'fire coming out of a dragons mouth' (he's a red CT). I'd love to see your friends fish too.
Did u get your betta yet? Mine should be here tomorrow (wed) hopefully. Im super stoked but nervous cuz I've never had one shipped before. He mailed my boys out priority mail on Monday (LA to TX) so Im ready for them to get here so I can get them out of that bag and into a nice clean fresh tank.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #28 
justmel

Yes, Patrick showed up yesterday. He's still stressed from being shipped, so I have bothered him much with the camera. Patrick was my third shipment of fish, but I was just as nervous as with the first one. Here's one picture, while he's still acclimating, showing his coloring. Later today I will see if I can get him to flare and get some better pictures.
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #29 
sareena79

Quote:
Yes, Patrick showed up yesterday. He's still stressed from being shipped, so I have bothered him much with the camera. Patrick was my third shipment of fish, but I was just as nervous as with the first one. Here's one picture, while he's still acclimating, showing his coloring. Later today I will see if I can get him to flare and get some better pictures.
glad he made it to ya ok. hope he gets nice and settled in soon. bet your son is just loving him!...Im on pins and needles today waiting for mine. Im hoping it dosnt take another day. I was up all night worrying bout these fish. I even dreamed about them lol. thankfully Im good friends w/ my postman and he said he will bring them up to my job when they get here so they wont have to sit on my patio in the weather all day
Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #30 
sareena79

My boys got here this morning :) they looked a little faded from 4 days in a dark box but other than that they seemed healthy. I let my boy's bag float in the tank all day while I was at work and now hes out and exploring like crazy. My last betta was nowhere near this active. he was aggressive when anyone came near his tank but other than that he just lazed around in his plants. this one has been swimming non-stop for about 20-30min. looks like he likes his new home. my buddy's fish is still in his bag but his color already looks good compared to this morning. Im about to take him over there and float him in his tank for a while too so he can be in his tank by tonight. the kids are gonna be stoked! they have been asking about him every day since we told them they were getting a fish. and it blew thier minds that the fish were coming in the mail lol...I hope mine gets a little brighter in the next few days. hes still really pretty dont get me wrong, but in his pic he was a nice bright yellow and right now hes more of an orange...little booger is obsessed with his filter too. he keep trying to swim INTO the outflow lol. its on the lowest setting and makes almost zero movement but hes trying his hardest to investigate where its coming from hehheh. I have a feeling Ima be pretty entertained by this little booger....Ima post pix of Chum when hes had a chance to settle in more and maybe brigtern up a bit