Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #1 
Lucillia

Stormborn Logs

Well here's the shortened version because the webpage decided to delete itself. I'm doing a log to keep track of my betta's and their progress.

Ten

Now

Twenty

Ragnarok

The rest don't have names yet, and they could use some help!
BCT

TCT

MGCT
We're still working on this.. >.>

EE

Blue/yellow

WG

You can't see me!

Lucillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Subbed!

The ten is looking great! Did you have much die-off from that Hygrophila plant we got from Petco? I still see some stems in there that look good!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #3 
Lucillia

Actually no! All of them perked right up. The main issue is fighting with the algae now. Annnd it will help if I keep my lights on the correct schedule. XD But no my plants are growing out of my ears. The last picture of the ten was from today, and I just halved two of my giant wysterias.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

You should invest in a timer strip, like the ones with 8 plugs not just one. Saves you a whole heck of a lot of trouble, helps keep algae down because the lights are on properly and off at the right time always. Unfortunately they're like 20 bucks, but totally worth it!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #5 
Lucillia

That is one thing I have been looking into. Even if it were the one I could just attach another powerstrip to it.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #6 
Lucillia

So after some traumatic lighting incidents everything is back up and running. Everyone seems pretty good. Going to take some new pictures of everyone now that I have a new phone with a much better camera. :)
Old 09-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #7 
BettaLover1313

You have so many gorgeous bettas!

Last edited by BettaLover1313; 09-13-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Auto-correct put the wrong word in
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #8 
Lucillia

Thanks!!! They're all my babies!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #9 
Lucillia

Old 10-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #10 
Lucillia

I have good news! After my light dropping into the 20 gallon tank catastrophe everything seems normal again! Everyone is healing and my turquoise crown tail I thought I was going to lose stopped receding and has starting to grow back fins!

The 20 is testing great and the plants are still alive and sprouting. I even have algae in the 20 now. Three boys went back in yesterday and I am monitoring them very closely but they look happy. They hate the filter though. I will be trying a baffle either today or tomorrow but for now the filter is off to prevent any more stress. I have plants coming out of my ears in the ten, its time to cut some more in half and put pieces in the 20!

The ten is also having issues with algae. I have brown and now green algae. I've been scrubbing it off but I also snagged some trumpet snails from work to start cleaning some of it off.
They've cleaned the plants nice nice and are now moving my sand around and cleaning the walls and the fake plants.

The 20's algae has been just a scrubbing job. Once there are more snails I will move some to the 20 to help clean it. But for now I can't get the algae under control in the 10!

Pictures will be uploaded later on the boys. :) The fin re-growth is amazing. Especially on my little blue fish.