Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2015, 03:02 AM   #1 
Alimiss27
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Look at mah Blog ppl!

I made a betta blog. Yes I have. I obviously have too much time on my hands. I try to put as much information on there as possible. I update it everyday or every other day. http://bettaobsession.blogspot.com/ That is it. If anyone wants a picture of their betta fish on my blog just show me the picture and I will try my best to put it up. LIMIT 1 PICTURE PER PERSON! If you would like me to give you a shoutout then just ask.
Alimiss27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #2 
SplashyBetta
Member
 
SplashyBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
I'm curious what your definition of "thrive" is? I have bettas in 1-2 gallon tanks and they are thriving just as much as my bettas in larger tanks.
SplashyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:03 PM   #3 
Alimiss27
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashyBetta View Post
I'm curious what your definition of "thrive" is? I have bettas in 1-2 gallon tanks and they are thriving just as much as my bettas in larger tanks.
Sorry if I have offended you. To me ,thrive means to be happy or flourish, as in be the best possible form. But it is recommended that a betta be in at least a 2.5 gallon. If you would like I could tweak the article. Once again I am sorry if I offended you.
Alimiss27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:11 PM   #4 
SplashyBetta
Member
 
SplashyBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimiss27 View Post
Sorry if I have offended you. To me ,thrive means to be happy or flourish, as in be the best possible form. But it is recommended that a betta be in at least a 2.5 gallon. If you would like I could tweak the article. Once again I am sorry if I offended you.
Oh, no, don't worry about offending me! You're fine
From what I can tell all my bettas are very happy and healthy. They're bright and colourful (many were pale/dull when I bought them, have since flourished), have a good appetite, are free of illness, no stress stripes, and are active.
I pretty much base the tank size I choose for each of my bettas on the individual fish's needs. The more active ones get larger tanks while the less active ones (the males with long heavy fins) get smaller. I've found that big heavy fins don't always mix well with a big tank, because the betta can become stressed if he can't patrol his entire territory to his liking.
SplashyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:49 AM   #5 
Alimiss27
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashyBetta View Post
Oh, no, don't worry about offending me! You're fine
From what I can tell all my bettas are very happy and healthy. They're bright and colourful (many were pale/dull when I bought them, have since flourished), have a good appetite, are free of illness, no stress stripes, and are active.
I pretty much base the tank size I choose for each of my bettas on the individual fish's needs. The more active ones get larger tanks while the less active ones (the males with long heavy fins) get smaller. I've found that big heavy fins don't always mix well with a big tank, because the betta can become stressed if he can't patrol his entire territory to his liking.
I see. Wonderful Job with your bettas btw. I'm jealous. Very smart with the tank size to activeness things. Saves money and stress! If one of your bettas start glowing with rainbow colors, honestly I wouldn't be surprised. But if that does happen, post a pic and show me!
Alimiss27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:58 AM   #6 
superswimmer
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Haha I thought you said you have to have a +25 gal tank and I was like wuhhh and then I got it. Ha. I am so slow lol also, great job I like the humor
superswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:02 AM   #7 
Alimiss27
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by superswimmer View Post
Haha I thought you said you have to have a +25 gal tank and I was like wuhhh and then I got it. Ha. I am so slow lol also, great job I like the humor
Thank you! If you can get a 25 for a betta, the betta will become immortal tho. I promise. I thought it looked like 25 so I tried bolding the decimal and it still didn't work so I was, I don't care. The font is pretty and that is all that matters. :D I'm very slow as well. I lost a race against a snail.
Alimiss27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:05 AM   #8 
superswimmer
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Lol can't wait to see what u add to it!
superswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #9 
Heidispice
New Member
 
Heidispice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Cute blog!
Heidispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #10 
Alimiss27
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by superswimmer View Post
Lol can't wait to see what u add to it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidispice View Post
Cute blog!
Thank you! I love writing and such, so I add detail.
Alimiss27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awesome, betta, blog, picture, shoutout

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oh mah goodness D: Alcemistnv Betta Fish Care 2 12-16-2012 09:25 AM
Mah Spanwz Thred 1fish2fish Breeding Betta Fish 147 03-30-2011 04:20 PM
Mah Betta needs a friend Iago Betta Fish Care 2 11-06-2008 09:02 AM
can you help me how to determine the gender of mah betta... lhene Betta Fish Care 8 05-29-2008 12:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.