Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2013, 04:07 AM   #1081 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
I'm off! Finally!

CJ, they are a really good price online. Where'd you order from? Hopefully you can get Cookie and Jupiter to breed, those are beautiful and I would be most interested in buying fry from that pair out of all of your fish. Not saying your giants aren't amazing and beautiful... That pair is just fantastic.

Got to go finish setting up the spawn things =)
I got 3 50 watt heaters for 47 bucks off amazon, I will buy almost everything online from now on. Yeah you wouldn't believe how bad I want them to spawn lol. Im leaving them in together until they do. They are funny together like an old married couple...Im at a loss what to do about no bubble nest. If they were any more conditioned they would be at the Olympics. Did you get set up yet? and are you still coming to Calgary next month? looks like lots of people interested in your spawns and rightly so.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #1082 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Catching up on my own journal...

Yea, plan is to go to Calgary, but I'm going to call it tentative but likely since things that are out of my control could pop up. I hope I can.

This pair is so strange. They were conditioned well and were super receptive to each other, but three days in the spawn tank and nothing. The female got some damage on the first day, then on the second day there was a lot of flirtiness and practise wrapping and a bunch of dropped eggs, but never any spawn. And now they're just friends. Oh well. I'll pull them today and recondition hard for a week.

Last edited by MattsBettas; 12-24-2013 at 09:21 AM.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #1083 
PetMania

Merry Christmas Matts!
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #1084 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

You too, Pet =).
Old 12-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #1085 
dramaqueen
Banned

Merry Christmas, Matt!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #1086 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Merry Christmas everyone, if you're celebrating!

Spike passed sometime yesterday or last night =(. He was such a beautiful fish. I really don't know what happened, but I still feel guilty... I feel guilty when any of my fish die though. That makes me sad, I remember picking him and his sister (who died last month) up at CJ's house almost a year ago now and watching them continue to grow, his sister live through a sorority collapse, multiple tank changes, and more. He died with a warm five gallon to himself. I don't know what I'm going to do with the tank... Probably put one of my fry in it.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #1087 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #1088 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Christmas was awesome. I saw the whole family, and we had a big dinner of turkey, cranberry sauce, cabbage rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, and veggies, all homemade, mostly by my grandmother. For desert we had all the homemade cookies and squares and things we always do on Christmas, which are always great. And then we had out 11:00 turkey buns... I don't know if anyone else does that but they are amazing.

I got some extra money (which I assure you will be spent on fish), some books, and clothes.

Fish related... I lost a fry today (and Spike). Jumped out of his jar into the tub, I put him back in the jar, and he was dead shortly after. I don't know. It's too bad, he was nice and I think he was one Truong wanted.

Merry Christmas everyone =) I'm off to bed.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #1089 
logisticsguy

Sorry about Spike. He was a cool fish and had a good life with you. We had a great Christmas dinner and all my kids were here. I ate way too much as usual. Lots of gifts it was fun except the belly aching from mom in law about how I have to many fish tanks. If they only knew I want about twice as many, oh well. Too bad about the fry jumping.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #1090 
dramaqueen
Banned

We had cabbage rolls Christmas eve. With mashed potatoes.