Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2014, 12:28 AM   #1451 
Mahsfish

Haha I agree. Once summer comes I'll be focusing on ball, fish and electronics haha.

Tomorrow is my last day then finals start. And all I have is my chem final.

Also Matt I would gladly take some endlers fry of you. And maybe some rice fish in the future. I'm actually planning on slowly shutting down my tanks as I am moving during the summer. And just having a few small tanks running. I really want to take my 20 and add some small fine gravel and some live plants maybe. And then get a trio of scarlet badis. Plus your endlers and rice fish to fill the rest of the tank space up.
Mahsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:01 AM   #1452 
beautiful Betta

Sorry to read about your boy, was that a picture of him? or one of his offspring?
beautiful Betta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #1453 
Mahsfish

I know this isn't my journal but just thought I'd share.

I'm selling my betta juvies all to one person, they say they are a breeder her in Calgary. Although I'm not sure if they are a member on here or not.

Anyways, as Matt knows, it is summer time now... Other than a couple final exams. So I'm home all day now and I decided to make the 10 gal look pretty again. Got some new gravel and pots in the tank thought I'd test my tank decorating skills. Also made a black background out of a garbage bag.

Still not sure what I'm going to put in it right now. If you have ideas please suggest them.

Also Matt, how's the site going? Have you had time to work on it lately?
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #1454 
Mahsfish

Also that picture was taken about an hour ago. The bubbles have been wipped off and the water has settle so its clear now.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:12 PM   #1455 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Looks great, Mah! Site's coming along... Who knows when it'll get done.

Anyways, not much to update on in the fish world. The ocellata are getting big, etc.

I'm sorry for my lack of participation right now. I've been busy, between finals and all the fish and my "it's the end of the year, I'm so exhausted" feeling there just hasn't been to many opportunities to get on. I've also been listening to Lana Del Rey's album practically nonstop- there isn't a bad song, and it flows amazingly well. I have too many favorites to list, and it's pretty much my official summer album haha. Go check out the tracklist (album name is "Ultraviolence") even if you would never listen to it, it's pretty awesome. And ignore the reviews. Sorry for that random rambling!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #1456 
Mahsfish

Nice. I'll have to give it a listen some time. I listen to music a lot. Especially for sports, or just when I need an escape.

And I know you said this to CJ already. But I forgot. When are you coming to Calgary again? If possible I'd like to get some endlers off you.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #1457 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Haha, LDR really has a unique style that not everyone likes.

I'm coming to Calgary next weekend. I have plenty of scarlet endlers, classic black bars might be a bit of a stretch but I can check out what I have for them. Which ones would you want?

----------

I forgot to update and say that I got to the LFS yesterday, and picked up two more mysteries (purple and pink, same as the ones I have. I want babies!) and some frogbit. The lovely lady who was working there apologized that they had so little frogbit left, and actually gave me what they had left for free! Its pretty awesome, I've been wanting it for a while. They also had salvinia but I don't know if I want to get some.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #1458 
Mahsfish

Would you be able to post a picture or your scarlets. Ive seen scarlets with lots of reds, and some with less, u sure what yours are. Or since I know they are difficult to picture could you post one off Google that looks like them.

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #1459 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'll post a picture ASAP. They don't look like anything that's really on google (at least not enough that I would use a picture to show you), but they are nice.

-----

In other news, I'm getting at least eighteen cories on Thursday! Don't worry, though- they're two of the smallest species, pygmaes and hastatus. I'm getting at least twelve pygmaes and six hastatus, so two good sized groups, both for an extremely good price. I've actually being looking at buying some pygmaes for a while, and cursed when I saw them taken off the wholesalers stock list today. I'll probably try breeding both species in a 5g or something just for kicks.

Right now I'm seriously considering putting a pair of apistos in with one species of the cories in my ten gallon that's currently home to two mystery snails, and used to house mph channoides. I love the tank, it has an amazing piece of driftwood in it. Now I just have to plant it.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #1460 
Mahsfish

Hey Matt. Just in case you were interested when you come to Calgary. Riverfront has some pygmy Corys. Quite a few of them too. I just don't remember how much they were.