Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #301 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Thanks for the support. Being part of this forum makes this a lot easier for quite a few reasons. If this does end up being myco then everyone will eventually pass, but with a bit of luck I will be able to save Ares and Jess's line. I am going to let everyone live but when they get start to bloat, the clove oil comes out.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #302 
Syriiven

I think it's a bit soon to jump to conclusions. There's a lot of other things it can be, lots of thing that cause lethargy and bloat. I know that doesnt make it any easier to deal with, but it's a hope that it's something treatable.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #303 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Myco or not I still have a fast moving disease in more then one tank which bothers me... In this case it's best to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst, since if it is myco I could be at risk.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #304 
Syriiven

I know it does, it would bug anyone who cares for their fish =) But you're doing what you can, so take heart in that. You're not sitting by and letting it happen, you're fighting it with them.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #305 
LittleBlueFishlets

At this point, I am not thinking myco. It could be another bacterial - or parasitical infection.

I'd go the Kanaplex route first (bacterial). Then try something like API General Cure (parasitical). Actually, I wonder if you can use them simultaneously. (I'll look into this.) If those don't work, I'd look for oxytetracycline and/or Romet.

Edited to add: Yes, it looks like you can use Kanaplex and General Cure simultaneously. I would go ahead and do that. This will give you a good antibacterial and antiparasitical combination. I found multiple websites saying that it was OK to combine the two meds.

(This web site said you can even combine Kanaplex, General Cure and Furan 2. They said the combination of all three was previously available in a single product, but that company went out of business.)

Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 05-11-2013 at 04:51 PM.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #306 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

THERE SHOULD BE NO SUCH THING AS DISEASE.

I'm not even kidding!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #307 
Sena Hansler

But there is. As tragic as it is, it's life. We face obstacles every day in everything that we do. There will be things that'll tear us down and take us for all we are worth, but in the end it's up to us to get back up.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #308 
LittleBettaFish

Sucks that something like this has cropped up. Seems like when things go wrong with fish it doesn't rain, it absolutely pours.

Hopefully you can get it under control. I'd probably be utterly destroyed and leave the hobby entirely if I had to cull all my stock. I think if it is myco, letting your fish live out the rest of their lives is fine. As long as you are careful to wear gloves when doing maintenance on their tanks and aren't selling diseased stock, I don't see an issue with not culling.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #309 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Thank you guys. This really sucks but, well, @&$% happens I guess. I'm hoping my spawn was not exposed to this... I can't really see how they could have been but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Jackson appears to be in the first stages of dropsy and will be euthanized today or tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #310 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Ahhh, I am so sorry Matt... Anyone else seem affected?
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote