Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #571 
logisticsguy

Ive never seen anything like today in Calgary. This is a major disaster. Glad Mar and Brayden are ok. We were stuck for hours on roads trying to get stuff done. People really pulling together. Power out in many homes. Downtown was devastated, we evacuated 83 year old mom in law from her downtown seniors home she is ok. House is full of people tonight.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #572 
Mahsfish

Yup. Everyone's really working hard to help each other. My school, my dads school he works at and my friends school are all accepting evacuees in the gyms. As well as many other locations
Mahsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #573 
Mar

Good to hear you're safe as well! Thanks for all your help, and I am really happy to hear how everyone is working together and some people are even getting turned away as volunteers because we have too many!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #574 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Moved Ares into a 2.5. After I bred him, he stopped tailbiting as much, then, after Xanthus and Jackson died he started again... Worse then ever. Hopefully a change of scenery will slow him down.

Because I moved Ares into another tank, I'm cleaning and packing up a ten gallon, which will be used for future spawns.

Accidentally started a green water culture, but that might end up being a good thing since eventually I would like a daphnia culture.

Rescue boy is doing good, his fin rot has disappeared and I took him off salt.

I went to the library to study yesterday and ended up coming home with two fish books and a magazine. That was the last thing I need. In the magazine there was a comprehensive guide to a shrimp tank... ;)
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #575 
logisticsguy

So happy to hear rescue boy is doing good Can I send you the money for shipping him Matt?

Whenever you think he is ready. Did they charge you any money for him at the store?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #576 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Hey CJ, my Mom's actually talked to me about it... She might want him for her work. If you really want him though I will get him to you, but at the time he is to weak for shipping.... He's so skinny!

They did charge me for him. Dumb cashier insisted there was nothing wrong with him :/ I don't mind though, it was that or let him die.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #577 
logisticsguy

I think it would be great for rescue boy to go with your Mom! With the worry and expense for shipping (shipping always scares me now), and his health that's a good idea. The main thing is that you rescued him which made me so happy. The fish Im seeing lately at fish store often look so skinny to me especially the baby bettas Ive seen for sale. Maybe its just me being used to fat fish. Good job and thanks for rescuing him.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #578 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Thanks CJ. Nothing is set in stone yet.

In other news, I found a Canadian who is willing to ship some grindal worms to me!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #579 
logisticsguy

Whatever you decide to do is cool with me. Where did you find grindals? I could use those worms.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #580 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

A guy on Facebook. 5 bucks plus shipping, not too bad. I'll just give you some if I get them.