Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #591 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
My betas aren't accurate at all. They're just like "Oh, food?!" Then they jump as dramatically as possible across the tank. Fools.
Lol! Same with all of mine except one. Pi has surprisingly good aim.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #592 
Mar

Quote:
My betas aren't accurate at all. They're just like "Oh, food?!" Then they jump as dramatically as possible across the tank. Fools.
ahaha actually sounds adorable!

So on Friday, I was thinking of expanding my aquarium store horizon. I've only been to PetSmart, Petland, and Pisces. I've heard of Big Al's in the NE. Have you been?
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #593 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

In NE Calgary? No, I have not... I've driven by it a couple times. I live in Edmonton, and the one up here is great, the best pet shop in out city, but I have heard some less positive things about the one down there. I'm not speaking from personal experience and it's bound to be better then any chain stores. There is one pet shop in Calgary... Riverside I think... That is supposed to be really good.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #594 
Mar

Quote:
In NE Calgary? No, I have not... I've driven by it a couple times. I live in Edmonton, and the one up here is great, the best pet shop in out city, but I have heard some less positive things about the one down there. I'm not speaking from personal experience and it's bound to be better then any chain stores. There is one pet shop in Calgary... Riverside I think... That is supposed to be really good.
Oh ok! And yeah I met NE Calgary Sorry, forgot you lived in Edmonton for a moment.
I'll be sure to check it out, although NE Calgary is apparently as ghetto as Calgary can get, (never really been :s)

Never heard of Riverside, but I'll check that out too :) Yay more places to go.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #595 
Mar

xD, found it! Riverfront aquariums!
You were that close. Website looks nice too. Thanks
Old 06-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #596 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Lol... We stayed there twice in feb/mar and it wasn't THAT bad. North Edmonton is worse.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #597 
Mar

I went up to Edmonton multiple times for volleyball, and stayed here.

There were shootings in the 2 nights we were there, so I guess you know what ghetto means lmao.

But ya, it was quite scary. My favourite thing about Edmonton would probably be all the trees on the streets. Makes it look peaecful, even up in the northside.

Oh, also plan to go to U of A, so how's that area?

Last edited by Mar; 06-25-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #598 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yea, I love all of the big trees. I used to live in an old neighborhood that had massive trees that covered the streets. It was awesome.

What year were you staying here? Recently we had a year that was so bad, we got the nickname "Deadmonton". Seriously people. It's not that bad, for the most part. A lot of the crimes were gang related which is still scary but if you stay away from things like that its not as scary. Part of it is also because you were downtown. Some parts of downtown are better then others...
Old 06-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #599 
Mar

Quote:
Yea, I love all of the big trees. I used to live in an old neighborhood that had massive trees that covered the streets. It was awesome.

What year were you staying here? Recently we had a year that was so bad, we got the nickname "Deadmonton". Seriously people. It's not that bad, for the most part. A lot of the crimes were gang related which is still scary but if you stay away from things like that its not as scary. Part of it is also because you were downtown. Some parts of downtown are better then others...
AHAHA omg that is actually so funny. Like 4 years back, my parents called it Deadmonton because apparently nothing interesting happens there. Like it's boring, but really, when I went there.. last year I think, maybe it was 2 years ago for a tourny, it was really exciting.

Yep, love the trees, we need more of them here on our streets.
And there's gangs here too. Apparently it's like a Chinese mafia? No clue lmao.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #600 
Senshine

I didn't like riverfront at all. It was really dirty and it smelt pretty gross when I went.. There was also only one employee that I saw and he didn't ask if we needed anything o.0 Most people at Big Als are really nice and the place is really clean. There is Pisces pet emporium as well, it is huge and pretty nice although somethings are over priced.
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote