Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #631 
dramaqueen
Banned

It was nice of you to take that gecko home with you and spend time working with him. I'm glad your girl finally pooped. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #632 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

The girl I took out of the sorority died today/last night. I know I shouldn't, but I feel like a bit of a failure. She was starting to recover, so I didn't expect it.

And by the way I'm sorry that half of this journal is me complaining.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #633 
Mar

Nooo :'( It's not your fault, it rarely is the fishkeeper's fault. Well at least good ones lmao. And you are!

Do you only have 2 in your sorority now?
And that's ok, my journal was allll about me complaining lmao.

So I went to Big Al's and 2 different PetSmart and PetLands. They all kinda sucked. Their bettas were in pretty crappy condition, and I spotted at least one dead in each of the stores. Big Al's is overpriced and they only sold VTs :/

Couldn't find RiverFront! But apparently it's not too good. I'm just gonna stick with Pisces for now. It's my favourite, but so far :s
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #634 
Mahsfish

Riverfront is only a couple minutes from big Als and Pisces. It's good IMO. Not organized and setup like a big Als tho. Kinda like a share house but I think it's great.
Mahsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #635 
Mar

Yeah I must've passed it, cause I was all the way at Sunridge lol.
Okay fine, I'll check it out some time.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #636 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I have three girls in the sorority, which is a disaster waiting to happen, but only having two is even worse. If it goes down to two before I am ready to add my three new girls (I am beyond excited for them), I will jar them and reintroduce them with the new three. Three girls should be fine for ~3 weeks, I have lots of hiding spots.

I don't really like going to petstores much anymore, except big als (which is really good in Edmonton). Besides rescues, which I will do occasionally and make my dissatisfaction known when I do, I will not buy anymore petstore fish and will try not to support them when I can. They are depressing, and you can throw any excuse you want at me, but they could, for the most part, do much better when it comes to the treatment of animals.

Gimme a sec and I will post pics of the three girls I am getting! They are beautiful!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #637 
logisticsguy

Im looking forward to your new girls. IMO female may be more important to a breeding program than the males. Your girls might be ok with only 3 Matt depending on their disposition and with the hiding spots you should be ok. The pet stores definitely could do better with betta especially. I am trying to get them to display in 1g plastic containers. Easy to clean, change water, even add a lil plant or 2. They just will not change even though they wouldn't lose any stock and could sell healthier fish. Also they cheap out feeding them so little they are starved and prone to disease. If you got pet store girls you would need to qt anyway so not much help.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #638 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Cj, it would be great if they would do that. To me, it makes sense, but they probably won't. Indjo says that it is believed fry inherit more traits from the mother, but genetically it should be 50/50.

Apparently one second means a couple of hours XD! Here they are.

Lovely blue and white HMPK with awesome form (love the dorsal). I could breed her to my blue marble DT and start a HMPKDT line...
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  55.9 KB
Old 06-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #639 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Nice black girl. If I ever get a black hmpk male, I would breed them in a heartbeat. "Super black" is probably my favorite color in bettas.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  44.4 KB

And then there is the blue pineapple/yellow HMPKEE girl that I already posted.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #640 
LittleBettaFish

She is stunning. I love a nice wide dorsal on splendens. Be nice if she stayed a clean blue/white and didn't pick up any red wash in the future.

This was about the blue/white marble female.

Last edited by LittleBettaFish; 06-30-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: You posted before me.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote